Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sell him I'm really worried this season. We haven't even replaced Richarlison and now the injured DCL. Gordon has had a tough start to this season but we sell him and that is 3 gaping holes to deal with with not a lot of time left in the window

Thats just all or nothing thinking mate. In 12 months he turned from a player who couldn’t get a game at Preston to essentially being a leading force in saving us from relegation. All the things you mention in paragraph two are thing he’s improved and he’s not finished his headroom is huge.

I can tell you exactly why Chelsea want him, because just over a week ago, neither Thiago Silva or Koulibaly could put anything in him bar breath on the back of his neck 2hen he moved to his right position in the second half. I pretty much disagree with your assessment, the only other Everton academy player I can remember making life hell for World class centre halfs is Rooney.

It’s nothing about one of our own, he’s one of our best players now, with huge headroom, it’s great that he’s cost us nothing - we’ve hit the absolute jackpot, he could outgrow us but when he does it will be for more than 40 mill.

I also think a deal won’t happen mate.
People actually typing that he gave Koubalby and Silva a hard time and being serious is better than crack for me.

Everyone has a price we have struggled to sell our young players for years they offer 50/60m we have to sell. He has loads of potential but that's all it is currently.

I would defo take £40m for Gordon because he’s not worth half of that in all honesty. He may come good for us, but we can’t take the risk of turning away that kind of money when he actually hasn’t done that much and may not do so at all.

Thats just all or nothing thinking mate. In 12 months he turned from a player who couldn’t get a game at Preston to essentially being a leading force in saving us from relegation. All the things you mention in paragraph two are thing he’s improved and he’s not finished his headroom is huge.

I can tell you exactly why Chelsea want him, because just over a week ago, neither Thiago Silva or Koulibaly could put anything in him bar breath on the back of his neck 2hen he moved to his right position in the second half. I pretty much disagree with your assessment, the only other Everton academy player I can remember making life hell for World class centre halfs is Rooney.

It’s nothing about one of our own, he’s one of our best players now, with huge headroom, it’s great that he’s cost us nothing - we’ve hit the absolute jackpot, he could outgrow us but when he does it will be for more than 40 mill.

I also think a deal won’t happen mate.
Thing is though even if he is giving them trouble he isn't assisting or scoring. He is big potential currently as you said he's gone from barely getting a game to being a starter, we can't turn down that absurd kind of money when we are desperate for threat, for goals and assists now. Currently I don't think he should be playing every week he should be in and out. But because we've had no body else all the pressure has moved onto him. We need actual threat now not in the future selling him and reinforcing makes sense the more I think about it.

Nobody bids £40m for a player "out of the blue".

There will a huge amount of discussion beforehand
My guess is by now Chelsea will know exactly what it'll take to get him, and we'll know what they will go up to. We'll probably reject 40m for show but if they up it a bit or chuck in a "free" loan or even a deal for Gilmour it'll be accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.