Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I agree.

And if you watch Gordon, its hard not to see enormous potential. Hes quick, goes past people for fun, works hard, presses well, gets goals and also has a good leap on him (which has developed over the last 12 months really).

But he doesnt deliver consistently yet.

He is currently at x, and could get to y. His value will be somewhere between them. I personally think 50m is a very fair reflection based on what those values are, and the likelihood of each.
I personally think 20-25 million would be about right for Gordon based on his potential and what he has done so far for us. So if we got 50 it would be truly astounding. Its got a bit of a Franny Jeffers/Jack Rodwell type feel to it.

Besides Terrier are there any other continental players who would be a giant step up if Gordon goes? Honestly stopped watching footy last year entirely I was so disgusted. Really weird that Aouar is seemignly on the move for 12m too ffs .

I'd like Amine Gouri.

I know it’s extremely unlikely but I’d be going all out for Tammy Abraham

Not a bad shout but Mourinho and Roma would surely want £60mil.

I would rather Pulisic than Gallagher

If Pulisic signed then I'd be devastated. Utter injury prone show pony.

Fair point, but would you gamble £50m of the club’s money on it?

Let’s say Onana is as quality as he looked when he came on yesterday. £50m could potentially get us two players of similar quality in other areas of the pitch (possibly an oversimplification but whatever, I’m simple). I’d rather go for that than stay with the comfortable option of an eager kid that’s probably never going to be anything more than decent.

Thats really it.

Evanilson, Sulemana, Doku, Gouiri, David, Broja, Cherki off the top of my head would be arguably better players than Gordon.

With Thelwell picking out Onana I'm hopeful. If weve apparently got funds for Gana and a forward then with a big Gordon fee perhaps we can bring in 2 Onanaesque players and 2 Coady/Tarkowski type experienced guys.

Cannot believe we are even in for Che Adams tbh. He had 1 good season and that was 3 years ago in the championship. Since then it has been 5, 9 and 8. Not exactly going to resolve our massive goal scoring problem out is it. Smells of desperation to me.

Broja and Gallagher should both be loan only, none have had a decent full season in the Prem yet. No
He delivers less than Barkley did at his age, have to face it, he's not going to improve on his end product
He’s had one season in a relegation team, I’d be surprised if anyone had the chance to shine.

If we sell Gordon to allow us to bring in genuine quality like Terrier, then fine, needs must. But bringing in Adams is disgraceful. He runs around a lot, is a poor finisher and doesn't create much - like Anthony Gordon. Only, he's 6-7 years older and in his peak and Gordon at least has time and potential on his side.

Replacing Richarlison and Gordon with Championship standard players like McNeil and Adams guarantees we go just one way ⬇️⬇️⬇️

Status
Not open for further replies.