Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Simon Buttle @Nymzee @BlueToff and anyone else who has seen Nicolas Jackson whose been linked at Villereal.

He looks like he would be very effective (like Onana) at ball carrying and bringing others into play.

Semenyo (Bristol City) seems similar in the sense that based off youtube he can carry the ball forward and bring others into play.

Looks like this is the attacking midfield type were after to ball carry and to feed other players.

Have any of you seen Semenyo or Jackson play?

Any thoughts?

Semenyo is good, never heard of the other kid.

Selling our two best players from last season, and the same stinky squad from last season mostly remains. Grim.
Didn't realise we were selling Pickford...

Seriously though. Whilst Gordon did step up last season, in an ideal world he would still be very much a squad player.

I like his enthusiasm and his directness, but I'm not seeing anything special there.

I can't remember who referenced him a few pages back, but I also remember when Rooney came through; we knew he was special, we knew he had it right from the start. It may be unfair, but at present I just don't see it with Gordon.

I agree that the clubs made unforgivable mistakes but I genuinely believe thelwell and lampard are working together as opposed to moshiri going rogue like we’ve seen before.
IF AG goes to Chelsea, he won’t start every game, he’ll be on the bench most games and will be treated like a prospect like we should be in a position to do.
If we are gearing up for a relegation fight then we are better off getting 2 established players with a goal scoring record instead of having to play a prospect.
I think moshiri is going rogue a different way this year though, by the looks of it our best players are being sold under our noses and not being replaced adequately. It started with Digne. I truly believe if DCL was fit he would have been sold too.

Who are the established goal scorers they we can get on the cheap , that are willing to come here ?

It's worrying at best

Thelwell/Lampard better at better than an out of control Mosh? Thats a pretty low bar to set!
This has been a very poor transfer window for us, especially as Thelwell doesn't seem to have noticed that the season has started.
Doing business late is more about getting value for money in my opinion I’d have thought. Not ideal obviously but a necessity.

He should be nowhere near the team again. Can't build a settled defence with someone who can't even play one match without going down injured with no one near him.
Five subs per game, three substitution windows per game plus half-time... Mina should start whenever he's fit and get taken off at half-time. Every. Single. Time.

You'll get thirty starts out of him that way and keep Tarkowski, Coady and Holgate more fresh than you would if they just start every match.

No point paying him £110k p/w (or whatever it is) and saying "Nah Yerry, stay home mate. You might get hurt if you play." He's leaving for free next summer, get as much out of him as we can now; that includes using him to keep other defenders fit and fresh.

The new subs rules mean that almost no team will ever finish a match with the same CBs that started it.

Didn't realise we were selling Pickford...

Seriously though. Whilst Gordon did step up last season, in an ideal world he would still be very much a squad player.

I like his enthusiasm and his directness, but I'm not seeing anything special there.

I can't remember who referenced him a few pages back, but I also remember when Rooney came through; we knew he was special, we knew he had it right from the start. It may be unfair, but at present I just don't see it with Gordon.

It is unfair. Rooney was a freak, and shouldn't be the benchmark.

I think moshiri is going rogue a different way this year though, by the looks of it our best players are being sold under our noses and not being replaced adequately. It started with Digne. I truly believe if DCL was fit he would have been sold too.

Who are the established goal scorers they we can get on the cheap , that are willing to come here ?

It's worrying at best

….surely Moshiri is desperate for us to remain in this league.

We aren't playing a back four this season.
The recruitment and set up is all revolving around three at the back
False. The recruitment has NOT been skewed that way.

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, in the squad other than Coady can play in a 433, 4231 or 442.

In fact, most of our midfielders would perform better in a 433 than a 523 / 343.

Five subs per game, three substitution windows per game plus half-time... Mina should start whenever he's fit and get taken off at half-time. Every. Single. Time.

You'll get thirty starts out of him that way and keep Tarkowski, Coady and Holgate more fresh than you would if they just start every match.

No point paying him £110k p/w (or whatever it is) and saying "Nah Yerry, stay home mate. You might get hurt if you play." He's leaving for free next summer, get as much out of him as we can now; that includes using him to keep other defenders fit and fresh.

The new subs rules mean that almost no team will ever finish a match with the same CBs that started it.

Not sure I'm a fan of hooking a centre back at half time unless it's really needed. I think 30 starts is hugely optimistic. He's going to miss about 10 games with the current injury.

And the last point isn't true. Basically every match I've watched this year has not had teams subbing both their centre halves.

He must believe we can defend our way to safety . We've proved we can't already conceding 3 sloppies

Very true, already tried to strengthen the back yet we've already conceded 3 proper plop goals. Though I guess Doucoure can be held accountable for Chelsea, the one where he got turned by Ings he must have been injured and then Villa's 2nd they just waltzed through the middle.

.….folk suggesting aspirational signings seems a bit of a waste of time, I much prefer discussing players who are actually linked no matter how tenuous.

Tsygankov and Nicolas Jackson seem to be the best two attacking links so far (aside from the Chelsea pair).

Jackson + Onana look like they could carry the ball between one another up the pitch with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back