Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
….the point folk are making about Simms is he’d still be a better option than Rondon. Simms gets to that ball that came off the goalie at Villa & scores.
I know but it’s a pointless exercise if you accept that neither are good enough to be getting game time in the premier league.

Zaha is not the player he was. Not sure he was ever the player he was supposed to be. But having him up top in this match makes the the defenders at least concentrate on the game instead doing Wordle on the half way line. He’s a tricky annoying nuisance. One break and Palace score. They have barely had a touch and haven’t had to exhaust themselves running around like maniacs showing pashun.

Don’t want him. Do want someone like him.

Zaha is not the player he was. Not sure he was ever the player he was supposed to be. But having him up top in this match makes the the defenders at least concentrate on the game instead doing Wordle on the half way line. He’s a tricky annoying nuisance. One break and Palace score. They have barely had a touch and haven’t had to exhaust themselves running around like maniacs showing pashun.

I'd love him here.

Nowadays Zaha is more Bolassie than Zaha.

Genuinely tell me why not? Certainly there are better players out there and all that but if he’s someone the manager and DoF want then I’d fully back it. I would say you don’t understand the nature of situation we’re in considering if we had a backup striker that could score league 5 goals a season it’d something we’ve legitimately not had for 10 years.

The fact that people turn their noses up at Adams yet will welcome some lads that they didn’t hear of 10 minutes before they’ve been linked is just endlessly hilarious to me.
No. I turn my nose up at Adams because he isn't very good, is 26 and would take decent money to get him from Southampton.

You can sign good players from anywhere but we got into this financial situation by overpaying for players 25 and over with a low ceiling from poor clubs (Sigurdsson, Bolasie, Williams etc) who better clubs would never touch. In all cases we convince ourselves that at the very least they improve our squad- they don't. In all cases - we end up being the biggest club they will ever play for and their wages make them impossible to get rid of.

If we end up spending over £20m on Adams, we will end up offering good money and he will offer almost nothing. We need players in the forward positions who offer quality. We've just signed McNeil (who at least is young), we can't afford to spaff money on another poor British player, especially when good scouting will find us better and cheaper options from other leagues.

TBH I'd sell Gordon in a heartbeat at that price. He has a lot of raw talent but I'd still say its 50/50 if he makes it or not. (to be a superstar that is - he'll get games in the premier league for sure.)
Wholeheartedly agree, opens up so many doors on spending and squad improvement to say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back