Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrier has a better goal record of late and, at least in my opinion, a greater skill set. He's also much more a winger than a striker, so he's probably not the answer alone.

Guirassy has been used as more of a super-sub, which has limited his chances. He's much more a pure striker, but if you look at who he scored against (and got a lot of minutes against) he looks like a flat-track bully. That doesn't fill me with confidence that he'll be able to get those goals in a better league.
Terrier plays more on the wing right? While Guirassy is more of a target man? We need both kinds.

Terrier plays more on the wing right? While Guirassy is more of a target man? We need both kinds.
Correct. If you ask me, we should find a way to pry Terrier out of there and find a stronger prospect than Guirassy to play the #9 if at all possible. I'm also not one of the lower-league footy junkies, so I can only go by what I can see from stats and highlights, both of which have their limitations.

Correct. If you ask me, we should find a way to pry Terrier out of there and find a stronger prospect than Guirassy to play the #9 if at all possible. I'm also not one of the lower-league footy junkies, so I can only go by what I can see from stats and highlights, both of which have their limitations.
Agreed.

The smart move here is to buy Terrier to upgrade the wing and to find a striker who is genuine competition for DCL - we have to prepare for the likelihood that DCL leaves next summer.

Are people not starting to now wonder why it's taken two weeks to find a striker or to tie up what seemed a simple deal for Gueye.

Because we intended to sell Gordon to fund those deals.

Guarantee the day he goes we will roll out a new striker and Gueye to try mask the shambolic nature of our business.

Are people not starting to now wonder why it's taken two weeks to find a striker or to tie up what seemed a simple deal for Gueye.

Guarantee the day he goes we will roll out a new striker and Gueye to try mask the shambolic nature of our business.
Hope so mate... We're desperate at this moment in time.

Also hope people realise that should Onana or Patterson have a breakthrough first season, there is a very good likelihood that any offer giving us 25-50% profit will be accepted.
I agree and that is the only way that we will get ourselves out of this financial mess.

It's also a very good way of attracting very good young players to Everton ..." Come to us , perform well and if a CL club come sniffing we will sell you , for the right price " . Dortmund have done it for years , why not us too.

I agree and that is the only way that we will get ourselves out of this financial mess.

It's also a very good way of attracting very good young players to Everton ..." Come to us , perform well and if a CL club come sniffing we will sell you , for the right price " . Dortmund have done it for years , why not us too.
Because it's a model that requires excellent recruitment consistently mate, we have shown we can't cone close to that - we get lucky every now and again which allows us to keep our head just above water, eventually it's more likely we get it wrong and sink than suddenly start getting everything right.

Look at the last 15 years and track what can be regarded as saleable assets st the club, year on year it's been reducing.

Right now we if we sell Gordon have Pickford as the only one - and that's debatable given lack of interest in him, DCL is the only other - again the injury issues make that debatable too.

After that we literally have nothing left to sell, Onana and Patterson - maybe will become so, maybe they won't it's way too early to tell.

We have zero really coming via the academy, I suspect the Braithwaite loan is not to develop him for us but to raise his value to well next summer - big clubs had an interest in him when brands was here.

After they what's left - but worse then that is if you take away the players who I listed above, we can't sell anything else as there is literally no interest in anything in the squad - we could barely give away most for free.

Dortmund built a good team then consistently ran there model from being one of the top 2 teams in the country able to cherry pick anyone not wanted by Bayern we aren't in that situation, we are left trying to grab bargains we hope will suddenly come good.

You're all doom and gloom and thunderstorms today !! Jesus ! You ok hun ?

….very possibly, years of mis-management has left us in a FFP mess where we have to get rid of a sellable asset in order to bring players in. Not sure if fans will feel hoodwinked by the club or accept the reality of the situation.

If we are in a sell to buy situation, it‘ll be down to whether incomings have left us stronger after the departure of Richarlison & Gordon. That’s the challenge for the current regime.

Just been reading that James Garner may be available for £14m. I know we need forwards but we should be all over that. The lad is excellent. Good passer, strong in the tackle, carries the ball well and is a demon at set-pieces (which we desperately need). Can't believe Utd would let him go when their team is so bad.

Plus, if we sign him and Gueye, our midfield would Garner, Gana and Onana, which would be too good to pass up!

Because it's a model that requires excellent recruitment consistently mate, we have shown we can't cone close to that - we get lucky every now and again which allows us to keep our head just above water, eventually it's more likely we get it wrong and sink than suddenly start getting everything right.

Look at the last 15 years and track what can be regarded as saleable assets st the club, year on year it's been reducing.

Right now we if we sell Gordon have Pickford as the only one - and that's debatable given lack of interest in him, DCL is the only other - again the injury issues make that debatable too.

After that we literally have nothing left to sell, Onana and Patterson - maybe will become so, maybe they won't it's way too early to tell.

We have zero really coming via the academy, I suspect the Braithwaite loan is not to develop him for us but to raise his value to well next summer - big clubs had an interest in him when brands was here.

After they what's left - but worse then that is if you take away the players who I listed above, we can't sell anything else as there is literally no interest in anything in the squad - we could barely give away most for free.

Dortmund built a good team then consistently ran there model from being one of the top 2 teams in the country able to cherry pick anyone not wanted by Bayern we aren't in that situation, we are left trying to grab bargains we hope will suddenly come good.
I can't disagre with any of that.

What I do know is that this team needs a major infusion of creative and attacking players or we are going down.

We can only achieve that by selling players . In the absence of selling Mina , Keane , Gbamin , Gomes or Allan ( presumably they've tried ) there is , as you say , only DCL , Pickford or Gordon.

DCL and Gordon have the biggest upside for P&S . Clearly we can't sell DCL due to injury and those injuries will have eroded his value in any event.

We can only hope that Thelwell bucks the trend and recruits well.

The option of keeping Gordon and not adding creativity and goals has the inevitable feel of relegation to me.

Do you think Gordon will stay with us if we go down ?

….very possibly, years of mis-management has left us in a FFP mess where we have to get rid of a sellable asset in order to bring players in. Not sure if fans will feel hoodwinked by the club or accept the reality of the situation.

If we are in a sell to buy situation, it‘ll be down to whether incomings have left us stronger after the departure of Richarlison & Gordon. That’s the challenge for the current regime.

They won't mate, certainly not longer term.

Status
Not open for further replies.