Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would rather the club went for elmas who was linked yesterday wqs just far too much money on gibbs white. Then with the links to sarr aswell who is meant to be 25 mill, just worried the links to cf has gone quiet thought the club would have had one done by now

Personally feel the likes of this midfielder and a very good striker only come with the sale of Gordon, for financial and ffp reasons, though initially against Gordon's sale, if it buys us more balance and goals then I would not be against it.

I think we also need to focus on Forest is another club unlikely to finish below us this season, hard to find 3 worse clubs/teams so far, if there isn`t we wont be so lucky this season.

I think we are well in the scrap this season, I`ve not seen anything to suggest we will not be. We saw how hard it was to turnaround a losing team, at least last season we had the points in the bag from a good start.... Gonna be another long season.
Yeah...this could be the most opened season ever for relegation fight. There will be surprises at the bottom. Let's hope its not us.

Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Holgate Mykolenko
Allan Doucoure
Gordon DCL Richy

Pickford
Patterson Holgate Coady Tarkowski Mykolenko
Onana Iwobi
McNeil DCL Gordon

I know there's a lot of doom and gloom but we have clearly strengthened our strongest XI in general and more so when a new forward arrives.
You’re not wrong and I think we’re better overall but the main problem is that last year’s ‘available players that can play center forward’ were:
Richarlison and Rondon
and then this seasons were:
Rondon

…and that’s horrible and has caused us to lose the first two games.
I believe with a decent striker, not even world class, let’s say we had Ings for example as we just played against him, we get at least a draw against Chelsea and probably beat Villa.

Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Holgate Mykolenko
Allan Doucoure
Gordon DCL Richy

Pickford
Patterson Holgate Coady Tarkowski Mykolenko
Onana Iwobi
McNeil DCL Gordon

I know there's a lot of doom and gloom but we have clearly strengthened our strongest XI in general and more so when a new forward arrives.

I still think that second team is extremely poor.

I get what you're saying mate but no matter what the club does someone moans so they cant win really can they?

The last few years have been signing 28+ year olds and fans have moaned over no sell on value

We target young exciting prospects and the same fans moan its risky and we need more proven players

Same with Gordon - fans want us to sell younger players for big profits to keep the accounts healthy and do moneyball

Same fans then moan if we contemplate selling any younger players like Gordon for big fees and call us a selling club etc.

Why dont we just let the DOF & Manager build what they're trying to build and if goes tits up then fair enough but there is just zero trust from the fans no matter what we do and its getting to the point in my opinion where the club can never progress because its constant crisis soon as we lose a game, soon as we miss out on a signing or sign someone who isn't flavour of the month.

@Saint Domingo
In my opinion the best way to approach it wouldn't be a blanket rule for me but just something to kinda keep in mind. I don't really care who we sign and whether we'd make a profit off them or not. The problem wasn't the ages or anything like that it was the people. Going after Sigurdsson, Bolasie, Walcott and Tosun for near £150m is madness no matter what way you look at it, they were all around 27 or older and they were never worth that in the first place, nevermind their value constantly going down. If we were after players like Savic, Beradi or Inaki Williams now who are all 28 then we'd be fine because even if we don't sell them over a 5 year deal, they'll contribute their value on the pitch. Even players like Ward Prowse, Zouma or Stones who are all the same age and are proven in the league at decent teams we'd still see that same value on the pitch.

Same thing for young lads really, we probably overpaid for Myko and Patterson looking at their fees but if they're a full backs for the next few years their sell on values don't really matter because we won't be selling them, on the other side of that. Iwobi was another young player we bought at the time, much in the same way as MGW today, where the fee never represented any sort of value, then or now. He's a decent player like but he's also 3 years in before he started to look any way decent and even then we'd be lucky to get 3/4 of what we paid for him at any point.

I fully back the DoF and manager to do what they think is best, if they want Che Adams, they have my backing, if they want Januzaj, they have my backing and if they wanted MGW for £45m then yeah they'd have my backing but I would find all deals to be a bit strange and probably could've spent that money elsewhere a bit more efficiently but again it's upto them. They know that if it's their decision then at the same time they're gonna get the credit for the success or failure of the player at the club.

I think it's obvious that the biggest issue from the fans POV is that there's no striker in yet but we're clearly waiting on Broja, I think or at least hope that it's the case that we effectively have the money for him or his alternative put to one side and are spending outside of that, it hopefully only looks bad in the optics of it becuase it makes it seem like we're spending all the money we have on someone who's not a striker which I'm hoping isn't the case.

In my opinion the best way to approach it wouldn't be a blanket rule for me but just something to kinda keep in mind. I don't really care who we sign and whether we'd make a profit off them or not. The problem wasn't the ages or anything like that it was the people. Going after Sigurdsson, Bolasie, Walcott and Tosun for near £150m is madness no matter what way you look at it, they were all around 27 or older and they were never worth that in the first place, nevermind their value constantly going down. If we were after players like Savic, Beradi or Inaki Williams now who are all 28 then we'd be fine because even if we don't sell them over a 5 year deal, they'll contribute their value on the pitch. Even players like Ward Prowse, Zouma or Stones who are all the same age and are proven in the league at decent teams we'd still see that same value on the pitch.

Same thing for young lads really, we probably overpaid for Myko and Patterson looking at their fees but if they're a full backs for the next few years their sell on values don't really matter because we won't be selling them, on the other side of that. Iwobi was another young player we bought at the time, much in the same way as MGW today, where the fee never represented any sort of value, then or now. He's a decent player like but he's also 3 years in before he started to look any way decent and even then we'd be lucky to get 3/4 of what we paid for him at any point.

I fully back the DoF and manager to do what they think is best, if they want Che Adams, they have my backing, if they want Januzaj, they have my backing and if they wanted MGW for £45m then yeah they'd have my backing but I would find all deals to be a bit strange and probably could've spent that money elsewhere a bit more efficiently but again it's upto them. They know that if it's their decision then at the same time they're gonna get the credit for the success or failure of the player at the club.

I think it's obvious that the biggest issue from the fans POV is that there's no striker in yet but we're clearly waiting on Broja, I think or at least hope that it's the case that we effectively have the money for him or his alternative put to one side and are spending outside of that, it hopefully only looks bad in the optics of it becuase it makes it seem like we're spending all the money we have on someone who's not a striker which I'm hoping isn't the case.

Agree mate great post.

I still think that second team is extremely poor.
Can I re-phrase while agreeing with you?

I think that second team is extremely poor... going forward. I actually think defensively we have looked much, much more solid and I feel like we can trust Coady and Tarkowski to make a huge difference.

Just no creativity or end product in that team. DCL only good when he on the end of something rather than having time to think or decide. Gordon has no end product and Mcneill, evidentlly hasnt produced G/A's for a while, al be it in a very defensive BUrnley team who had him playing left mid.

McNeill gets the benefit (for now) for me, mate in work said Dyche has ruind him by having become this hard working defensive wide mid, rather than lettting him play creativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back