Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not like they scored a lot of goals last season. 15 between them. Five of those were penalties and additional four came from set pieces. Give him 90 minutes every match, and I am sure Rondon can match the 6 goals from open play we got from DCL and Richarlison last season.

It never makes sense to compare like for like. If Everton improve their defence and midfield, they can improve on last seasons results without scoring more goals. An improved defence and midfield will also create more goalscoring opportunities, which should mean more goals regardless of who is playing.
In theory mate but you still need a finisher

Players picking Forest over us..... If that is the case, not the kind of bloke I would want at the club. He will fit well with the tool J-LIngzzz

Players picking Forest over us..... If that is the case, not the kind of bloke I would want at the club. He will fit well with the tool J-LIngzzz
There are a couple of reasons, it's closer to home for starters.

The real reason would be that we did not give Wolves what they wanted though, rightfully so too.

Good morning all, apologies in advance for the sludge below….. it’s bottom of the barrel stuff and it’s been a journey just reading through it. Good luck and have a great day.

Everton have set their sights on signing Napoli playmaker Eljif Elmas, according to Gianluca Di Marzio.

Everton have set their sights on signing Napoli playmaker Eljif Elmas, according to Gianluca Di Marzio.

The report adds that Napoli would only sell Elmas if there is an ‘important offer’ on the table, meaning Everton will have to push the boat out again.

According to journalist Pete O’Rourke, Everton could be “actively pursuing” Espanyol’s star striker Raul de Tomas.

Speaking to Football FanCast, O’Rourke said:

Everton definitely need to bring a new striker in before the transfer window closes and de Tomas could be one of the targets they are actively pursuing

Everton are once again rumoured with Watford winger Ismaila Sarr. [Evening Standard]

“There is always speculation surrounding him [Ben Brereton Díaz], I am always talking about him. He is a good boy and he is a quality player. As I have said many times, if there is a bid, it is the amount of the bid. He would cost £30m in my eye (later clarifies that was a joke). The boy, let him focus on football. He is trying hard to do his best, he has been brilliant so far. It was not an excellent game for him but plenty of players did not perform. It was not to do with the bid, let him focus on football,” says Blackburn manager Jon Dahl Tomasson on rumoured Everton target Ben Brereton Díaz. [Lancs Live]

Everton continue to be linked with 22-year-old Marseille striker Bamba Dieng. [Newcastle World]

Everton have registered their interest in signing Aston Villa star Ollie Watkins, sources have told Football Insider.

The Midlands giants are open to letting Watkins go as they work on a deal to recruit an A-list front man in the final weeks of the summer window.

It is believed manager Steven Gerrard has a tense relationship with Watkins and one well-placed source told us the pair “do not see eye to eye”.

Dele Alli is one step closer to leaving Everton this summer after positive discussions with Besiktas on Thursday, according to the Daily Mail.

The 26-year-old only joined the Toffees in the dying hours of the January transfer window from Tottenham Hostpur but a very uninspiring seven months have seen him near the exit door already.

Belgian international Adnan Januzaj is currently a free agent after running down his contract with Real Sociedad. And the 27-year-old is believed to be set on a return to the Premier League with Goodison Park his preferred destination.

That's according to RMC Sport journalist Sacha Tavolieri, who claims that the possible exit of Anthony Gordon or another Everton player could prompt the Blues to capitalise on Januzaj's availability.

Sky Sports pundit Alex McLeish has been left reacting to some Everton exit news that he has heard involving Anthony Gordon

Speaking to Football Insider, McLeish has given his reaction to the news, claiming that losing Gordon would be ‘horrendous’:

And

Chelsea are ready to make a third approach to try and sign Everton winger Anthony Gordon next week, according to London News Online.

Todd Boehly, the Blues’ new owner, has already had two bids rejected by the Toffees with the latest totalling £45million [Sky Sports journalist Alan Myers] as Frank Lampard and Kevin Thelwell remain adamant on keeping the 21-year-old.

But Chelsea are not prepared to lie down on this matter and next week is now likely to see an offer worth £55million arrive on Farhad Moshiri’s doorstep.

Everton have joined the race to sign Benfica striker Goncalo Ramos in the final couple of weeks in this window, according to Record.

The Portuguese newspaper has reported in its print edition [19 August, pg. 15] that the Toffees are readying an offer to sign the 21-year-old before the window slams shut.

“The Goodison Park club is also getting ready to come forward with an offer for the number 88 shirt.”

DBC91650-4B88-4FA9-B3CE-C1366E836A89.webp

Good morning all, apologies in advance for the sludge below….. it’s bottom of the barrel stuff and it’s been a journey just reading through it. Good luck and have a great day.

The report adds that Napoli would only sell Elmas if there is an ‘important offer’ on the table, meaning Everton will have to push the boat out again.

According to journalist Pete O’Rourke, Everton could be “actively pursuing” Espanyol’s star striker Raul de Tomas.

Speaking to Football FanCast, O’Rourke said:

Everton definitely need to bring a new striker in before the transfer window closes and de Tomas could be one of the targets they are actively pursuing

Everton are once again rumoured with Watford winger Ismaila Sarr. [Evening Standard]

“There is always speculation surrounding him [Ben Brereton Díaz], I am always talking about him. He is a good boy and he is a quality player. As I have said many times, if there is a bid, it is the amount of the bid. He would cost £30m in my eye (later clarifies that was a joke). The boy, let him focus on football. He is trying hard to do his best, he has been brilliant so far. It was not an excellent game for him but plenty of players did not perform. It was not to do with the bid, let him focus on football,” says Blackburn manager Jon Dahl Tomasson on rumoured Everton target Ben Brereton Díaz. [Lancs Live]

Everton continue to be linked with 22-year-old Marseille striker Bamba Dieng. [Newcastle World]

Everton have registered their interest in signing Aston Villa star Ollie Watkins, sources have told Football Insider.

The Midlands giants are open to letting Watkins go as they work on a deal to recruit an A-list front man in the final weeks of the summer window.

It is believed manager Steven Gerrard has a tense relationship with Watkins and one well-placed source told us the pair “do not see eye to eye”.

Dele Alli is one step closer to leaving Everton this summer after positive discussions with Besiktas on Thursday, according to the Daily Mail.

The 26-year-old only joined the Toffees in the dying hours of the January transfer window from Tottenham Hostpur but a very uninspiring seven months have seen him near the exit door already.

Belgian international Adnan Januzaj is currently a free agent after running down his contract with Real Sociedad. And the 27-year-old is believed to be set on a return to the Premier League with Goodison Park his preferred destination.

That's according to RMC Sport journalist Sacha Tavolieri, who claims that the possible exit of Anthony Gordon or another Everton player could prompt the Blues to capitalise on Januzaj's availability.

Sky Sports pundit Alex McLeish has been left reacting to some Everton exit news that he has heard involving Anthony Gordon

Speaking to Football Insider, McLeish has given his reaction to the news, claiming that losing Gordon would be ‘horrendous’:

And

Chelsea are ready to make a third approach to try and sign Everton winger Anthony Gordon next week, according to London News Online.

Todd Boehly, the Blues’ new owner, has already had two bids rejected by the Toffees with the latest totalling £45million [Sky Sports journalist Alan Myers] as Frank Lampard and Kevin Thelwell remain adamant on keeping the 21-year-old.

But Chelsea are not prepared to lie down on this matter and next week is now likely to see an offer worth £55million arrive on Farhad Moshiri’s doorstep.

Everton have joined the race to sign Benfica striker Goncalo Ramos in the final couple of weeks in this window, according to Record.

The Portuguese newspaper has reported in its print edition [19 August, pg. 15] that the Toffees are readying an offer to sign the 21-year-old before the window slams shut.

“The Goodison Park club is also getting ready to come forward with an offer for the number 88 shirt.”

View attachment 179194
Thanks for the daily round-ups, Bob. Sterling work. I know the phrase is ‘don’t shoot the messenger’ but please find better news soon…!

Can I re-phrase while agreeing with you?

I think that second team is extremely poor... going forward. I actually think defensively we have looked much, much more solid and I feel like we can trust Coady and Tarkowski to make a huge difference.

Just no creativity or end product in that team. DCL only good when he on the end of something rather than having time to think or decide. Gordon has no end product and Mcneill, evidentlly hasnt produced G/A's for a while, al be it in a very defensive BUrnley team who had him playing left mid.

McNeill gets the benefit (for now) for me, mate in work said Dyche has ruind him by having become this hard working defensive wide mid, rather than lettting him play creativity.

I must be honest I worry about McNeil’s creative ability after seeing him nearly leather a simple through ball to Gray out for a goal kick last weekend.

Please do.

I don’t want to, I’m just saying you could. Personally, I think those two teams cancel each other out assuming that’s a fit Yerry Mina you’ve got in the above team. He’s much better than Tarkowski and Coady when fit. And Richarlison, while slightly overrated, is on a different planet to Dwight McNeil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back