Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Che Adams is a good player and I think he'd be very useful as a foil for Calvert-Lewin, but we need a striker that can play upfront on their own and score more than their fair share of goals and I just don't think Adams is that kind of player. He's definitely a better player than many gave him credit for when the initial links surfaced but because there are so few goals in our squad as it stands, bringing in a player with no record of consistent top flight goalscoring is probably not the way to go for now.

Not at all impressed with Guirassy from the little I’ve seen and read of him he seems a bit meh and I’m tired of us signing players like this only to rue it 18months later.
Broja, like Gordon, is still mostly potential and I’m against trading Gordon for the dubious privilege of developing another teams player for transitory gain.
Gilmour after last season looks a very poor bet.
Would like Gana back however.
I really hope we haven’t waited all summer just to take Broja on loan. The whole upside of Broja is he has very high potential but just in terms of the next 12 months other guys like Guirassy or whoever would be roughly on the same level, so we’d have been totally wasting time.

My (probably optimistic) gut feeling is that this week Gordon goes to Chelsea and Broja comes to us on a permanent, even if it’s with a buy back. The only way the seemingly endless pursuit of Broja makes any sense is if he’s one for the long term.

Well Sarr flatters to deceive too. Not like he has excelled.
He did really well in the Championship and decently in the PL, I wouldn't exactly judge an attacking player's proper ability when they're consistently in the worst or second worst side in the league. I know we're not a whole pile better but we have the potential to be. Put the likes of Sarr in a top 8 team and he'd look much better because he'd get more of the ball. If at worst he replicates his worst season in England, last year, again this year then he'd be probably our best attacker, aside from if DCL is fit.

He did really well in the Championship and decently in the PL, I wouldn't exactly judge an attacking player's proper ability when they're consistently in the worst or second worst side in the league. I know we're not a whole pile better but we have the potential to be. Put the likes of Sarr in a top 8 team and he'd look much better because he'd get more of the ball. If at worst he replicates his worst season in England, last year, again this year then he'd be probably our best attacker, aside from if DCL is fit.
He’s been subject to big question marks over his attitude and this latest breaking down of move over wage demands doesn’t do any good to dispel those fears mate. Never mind an inconsistent career struggling to push on so far, he’s the exact type of player we’ve been taking gambles on that never seem to work.

Should of been finalized a week ago. Incompetent Kevin we need to get rid.

We've not got a clue mate on what's gone on.

Maybe benefit of the doubt then?

Personally, I'm glad/find it refreshing the club seem to be sticking to their guns.

I'm like a stuck record but he's 33, unwanted and in the last year of his contract. Think Mirallas, Niasse, Walcott, Tosun etc etc. We've always had to loan them/give them away.

I'd rather it dragged on and he come in for buttons, than we did what we'd have done in years gone by and paid £8m/10m or something daft for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back