Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is a fair question mate, they may still, we dont know who is interested in the lid and Forest are on drunk shore leave.

We do need that type of player though someone who can stand on the ball and dictate play, we have to many midfielders with energy, running game and presence we definitely need a play maker to my mind, we are playing games by the seat of our pants and not really in control of any game - yesterday we needed someone in the middle to get on the ball, hold procession, keep it ticking, slow the tempo and take the sting of Brentford. You could say the same of our other games.

Id go Billy Gilmour myself., but if the manager wants Garner im open minded, though id critique him as a above.
Garner is tall though. We are bad at defending setpiece we need more 6ft 1 players.

Garner is tall though. We are bad at defending setpiece we need more 6ft 1 players.

Gilmours a good player mate the role we want him for im not concerned about height - Alan Ball was 5 ft 6 in .

Think we have big players mate, they can be as big as they like but if they switch off like the goal yesterday it doesnt matter.

I'm hoping the defense settles down, i think its an odd dynamic of multiple personalities at the moment and that dynamic has to settle, its inevitable it will based on a systems need for homeostasis eventually, which is odd because individually they are all good players. We might have done to much change there to quickly - as weird as it sounds as it did need strengthening.

Think we have big players mate, they can be as big as they like but if they switch off like the goal yesterday it doesnt matter.

I'm hoping the defense settles down, i think its an odd dynamic of multiple personalities at the moment and that dynamic has to settle, its inevitable it will based on a systems need for homeostasis eventually, which is odd because individually they are all good players. We might have done to much change there to quickly - as weird as it sounds as it did need strengthening.
Looks like Frank will keep 5 at the back. We haven’t got enough goals up front, the lacking of clinical finishing which make me worry. We should not rely on Gray etc.

I think that is a fair question mate, they may still, we dont know who is interested in the lid and Forest are on drunk shore leave.

We do need that type of player though someone who can stand on the ball and dictate play, we have to many midfielders with energy, running game and presence we definitely need a play maker to my mind, we are playing games by the seat of our pants and not really in control of any game - yesterday we needed someone in the middle to get on the ball, hold procession, keep it ticking, slow the tempo and take the sting of Brentford. You could say the same of our other games.

Id go Billy Gilmour myself., but if the manager wants Garner im open minded, though id critique him as a above.
As I mentioned a few days ago the people around him reckon it’s us or Southampton.
Gilmour was a player I would have liked before his loan at Norwich but he was outstandingly poor there.
I realise that his poor performance at Norwich could have been an on loan glitch that many players have but I don’t feel we are currently in the position to take that chance.

Garner could be yet another average overpriced English player. Never do it in the PL, we need Gana.
OR he could be a talented youngster who has paid some decent dues in a very tough league over a very long season. Give me that gamble over a 33 year old fresh off a 3 year jolly in a league a fraction as intense as the Championship, who is clearly after one, last payday.

Status
Not open for further replies.