Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Frank will keep 5 at the back. We haven’t got enough goals up front, the lacking of clinical finishing which make me worry. We should not rely on Gray etc.

Ive a feeling the plan is to play with two 10's mate McNeill and Gordon behind a main striker, like Brighton are playing at the moment with Lallana and Gross in behind Welbeck. We may get more in i wouldn't be surprised to see a wide forward or someone who can play across the front and was delighted to see the Peirra link this morning.

We arent getting tonked in games, we were unlucky against Chelsea, Forrest, Villa and yesterday - very fine margins toward a result, id contrast with last season when we made most teams and particularly Norwich look like Brazil 1970. To my mind mind we need to control games more. We're mad cap at the moment and anything can happen.

Last edited:
Everyone has been on McNeil's back, he makes more mistakes because he gets more involved than Gray. Whenever Gray does something (which is rare), most of the time it leads to possession being lost or he just ghosts around the pitch. You rarely ever see him make tackles, or do anything.

Does that mean McNeil is good enough? Not yet... but his work ethic is good, and I still want to see him with target man to cross into

Hopefully Maupay gives him an option, but we need an ariel threat too, maybe Diaz

As I mentioned a few days ago the people around him reckon it’s us or Southampton.
Gilmour was a player I would have liked before his loan at Norwich but he was outstandingly poor there.
I realise that his poor performance at Norwich could have been an on loan glitch that many players have but I don’t feel we are currently in the position to take that chance.

Hes just a player i like mate, always have, im a real fan of midfield players and find it the most interesting part of the game central midfield, its the brains of operation. You need a playmaker to my mind, they can be advanced they can be deeplying, the can be 8 or 10. But ultimately you need someone to control the tempo, keep it ticking, can turn, transition play, break a line with a pass, speed up and slow dowm - we have no one who can do that - we've to much of one type and none of the other to my mind and its playing out in games, we cant get a foothold, go to direct - loose possession which bring a high % of pressure on our defense - we needed to control the game yesterday and we couldn't take the sting out of Brentford when we needed.

We will all have the ones we like for that role, i see young Billy as having the attributes i mention above and think he really fits for us, i think he needs the foundation. Im not overly worried about his time at Norwich, wont have done him any harm. if Frank sees Garner as that lad fair enough, but its the next priority for me. Idrissa isnt that player.

It’s more that he’s being asked to be disciplined and he’s coming up short. Mount is the player who will always get a free role because of his brains, exceptional movement and pressing (half the reason why Tuchel wants Gordon, imagine the pair of them pressing from the front!j.
Gallagher was let loose last season with Palace and he thrived for most of it, have a look at his cameo against us at the end of the season and he’s positionally all over the shop as if he’s been asked to just win the ball back wherever he is and has played with very little discipline. Onana looks to have a far higher ceiling than Conor to me
I dont know if we have room for that kind of player in our side

As I mentioned a few days ago the people around him reckon it’s us or Southampton.
Gilmour was a player I would have liked before his loan at Norwich but he was outstandingly poor there.
I realise that his poor performance at Norwich could have been an on loan glitch that many players have but I don’t feel we are currently in the position to take that chance.
Gilmour does not look like he is going to make it in the PL unless he makes a big step up physically in the next couple of years. I don’t think in the modern day prem you can afford to be both slow and weak unless you have exceptional talent like a David Silva or Santi Carzola. He should try another league to rebuild his confidence

It’s more that he’s being asked to be disciplined and he’s coming up short. Mount is the player who will always get a free role because of his brains, exceptional movement and pressing (half the reason why Tuchel wants Gordon, imagine the pair of them pressing from the front!j.
Gallagher was let loose last season with Palace and he thrived for most of it, have a look at his cameo against us at the end of the season and he’s positionally all over the shop as if he’s been asked to just win the ball back wherever he is and has played with very little discipline. Onana looks to have a far higher ceiling than Conor to me

Both Gana and Gallagher are non-stop press machines really.

Gana is too old and a far better option would be Garner as a sitter.

Gallagher may well thrive under Lampard.

Gana just wants to play some footie before the WC. Great player but it's very much short term.
Short term is fine if it's free, in a position of need and makes an impact.

Short term is not fine if it costs £12m and sits on the bench.

There's quite a range between the two. I'll happily take Gana on a free, even if we only get nine months of meaningful work out of him.

At the start of the window, if Chelsea had offered:

£25mil
+ Gallagher
+ Broja

I'd have put that as a £90mil deal.

If true, it would be massive and totally clear up our FFP / P&S issues.

We'd be able to bring in a couple more players quite easily on top of that.

Then next summer we have funds for Kean and a few others to sell as well.

Gordon would need to become a Maradona/Gazza/Kanchelskis hybrid to achieve such a valuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.