Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

It seems clear to me that Lampard and Thelwell have seen the 66 goals shipped last season as the thing to attack and have sorted out two experienced CBs who can stop the goals being scored against us from set pieces etc.

However, they've sold Richarlison and done nothing to replace him, so in effect it's like turning a tap on and pulling the plug out.

We need a very handy forward to avoid the drop this season.

Think it’s a playmaker and a wide forward myself mate, but the building up top, you’re bang on - it concerns me.

I know the Gana thing has dragged on annoyingly long but I genuinely think he could be a huge addition this year, I'd personally prefer 4 at the back but even with a 3 we need someone to break things up and stop teams controlling us in the middle.

Onana shows flashes but he's not really an option to start every week.

More importantly it flushes the floaters we have as other options in midfield a little further down the pipe.
We paid £33m for him mate. If he isn't an option to start every week, we've dramatically overpaid for him.

It seems clear to me that Lampard and Thelwell have seen the 66 goals shipped last season as the thing to attack and have sorted out two experienced CBs who can stop the goals being scored against us from set pieces etc.

However, they've sold Richarlison and done nothing to replace him, so in effect it's like turning a tap on and pulling the plug out.

We need a very handy forward to avoid the drop this season.
I think they've proceeded from the notion that they're likely to have DCL back for much of the season, and that they'll get a big lift on goals scored there. If they don't, they're likely to get part of the way there with Maupay, but not quite all the way there.

At a minimum, that probably means we need somebody that can chip some in from the wing, stretch the defense and feed Maupay some quality ground opportunities. Gray won't provide service, McNeil won't provide the goals, and leaving Iwobi and Gordon with it all to do on one of those is chancy.

I would be made up if we also got another playmaker in as @Neiler suggests.

I think they've proceeded from the notion that they're likely to have Dominic Calvert-Lewin back for much of the season, and that they'll get a big lift on goals scored there. If they don't, they're likely to get part of the way there with Maupay, but not quite all the way there.

At a minimum, that probably means we need somebody that can chip some in from the wing, stretch the defense and feed Maupay some quality ground opportunities. Gray won't provide service, McNeil won't provide the goals, and leaving Iwobi and Gordon with it all to do on one of those is chancy.

I would be made up if we also got another playmaker in as @Neiler suggests.
We definitely do not have enough goals in us as things stand. Depending on DCL would be a failure to apply proper risk management to the club's future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back