Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to see us bring in an attacking player (for the love of god not Hwang / Almiron / Dan James etc.) regardless of whether we sell Gordon or not - at this point I don't see Chelsea paying us what we want.

I'd like to see either:

A: 2 U21 high potential players
B: Gakpo or similar
C: Zaha to get us to midtable or above

Hello there Professor Xavier - how do you know what I think it shows? I said he creates the most amount of chances from open play (outside of top six) you then replied with a different stat,

Wild that you also don't know Jack Harrison is.

Anyway, if you look across our stats we're relatively high for total shots, shots on target, touches in the opposition box (again when compared minus top six). I'd also expect an increase in our 'big chances' when you have an actual striker in the box to aim for/at. A big chance is defined as "A situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score, usually in a one on one scenario or from very close range when the ball has a clear path to goal and there is low to moderate pressure on the shooter" - this type of chances will generally fall to a striker.
I think you're effectively arguing the exact same point that he's making but somehow failing to see it. We get in to good positions but fail to actually create a good chance once we get there, because we lack creativity. That's exactly what goat's saying, and all these stats you're quoting just back it up. I'm not so sure it's as simple as a striker fixing it either, we're not delivering quality into areas only for it to be squandered/nobody gets on the end of it, we're just not producing the quality service for anybody. If anything, I'd say the lack of a striker has helped in that sense, on saturday in particular the fluidity of the front 3 caused Brentford more problems than a bog standard striker would have done, they didn't know who was going to pop up where and it showed.

I'd like to see either:

A: 2 U21 high potential players
B: Gakpo or similar
C: Zaha to get us to midtable or above
Zaha wouldn't leave Palace for us, they're a stronger side than we are now. We missed the boat on Zaha when we went for Bolasie over him.

I wouldn't be surprised if we do go in for Gakpo late on.

We will go down if he’s our #10 I can assure you. We have no threat in attack even when he is playing. He doesn’t take control of the game.
would like to see us move away from the 10.
Barkley, Sig, Gomes is enough reason to.

Better seeing the idea of a 10 as a space rather than a position.
That is, you set up to have players moving into it
if Iwobi and Onana were positioned either side of a six, both could alternate through the space
Then if Gordon plays wide, you set up for him to move into the space as well
One of three rotating through.

Always been a believer in one flank being of different character to the other.
Something like:
Maupay Dom Gordon
Iwobi Garner Onana
Godfrey Coady Tarks Patterson

Can't wait for us to be working through the night and "trying" to get deals done right up until the end of the window only to be left with Gana and that's it.
Some chap on Twitter has put up a photo of Moshiri in town apparently. Hopefully a sign things are happening. Picture is probably from 5 years ago lol

Actually looks like he’s in London so probably nothing going on and he’s just out for lunch lol

You would be happy with Hwang?
1661863724245.webp

would like to see us move away from the 10.
Barkley, Sig, Gomes is enough reason to.

Better seeing the idea of a 10 as a space rather than a position.
That is, you set up to have players moving into it
if Iwobi and Onana were positioned either side of a six, both could alternate through the space
Then if Gordon plays wide, you set up for him to move into the space as well
One of three rotating through.

Always been a believer in one flank being of different character to the other.
Something like:
Maupay Dom Gordon
Iwobi Garner Onana
Godfrey Coady Tarks Patterson
We’ve been doing this though and it’s not working. Remember when we had James how different our attack was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back