Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So holdup, if he's turd we have wasted 15m, if he's good he will be off you pop back to Manchester, abhorrent deal
Bit of a glorfied loan feeling to that buy back isn't it that being said United are over stocked everywhere he's going to have to be brilliant to be bought back wonder what the fee will be must be at least double in that case probably worth the risk

I think it is. Ajax is such a well oiled machine, they play a certain style and grow a certain type of player because of it. They can be very successful in the NL and Europe, but both Ajax players and managers seem to struggle much more when they join the PL. They seem to do better if they join teams in say, Italy or Spain first, and get more experience outside of the NL than they do when going directly to England.

I've read about their system and it horrifies me to hear of kids so young getting techhnically coached to the nth degree.

Of course, you want technique but I think it's natural to want to carry the ball and beat an opponent one on one, especially so when you're young. We all like passing football, but there's an overemphasis on passing - and their finished players seem incapable / unwilling to drive with the ball.

If it was a month ago and we were in this position with 2 or 3 deals looking likely, I'd actually be fairly happy going into the season.

The issue is we've surrendered the best part of 15 (likely soon to be 18) points by being so so late to get our squad in order, obviously hindered by our wretched finances from recent years.

Currently our attacking options are maupay, Gordon, gray, mcneil and dcl...thats 5 players for 3 positions at least even when playing 3 at the back...we need before the window closes at least another one or 2 attackers/creators.

He’s missed 23 of our last 43 league games, spread over 5 instances of absence. It’s much more of a stretch to assume he’s going to come back and play all season than it is to assume he’s going to miss a fair few games.

That said, I’m not sure we’ll see another striker come in unless we’re going to change formation. If we’re only playing one at a time it’s not going to be easy to attract decent quality as a third option.I’d have thought another wide player was more likely, ideally one likely to get plenty of goals and or assists.
Yeh. He had a bad injury with his quad, but his knee is no biggie apparently. He must be on for twenty plus games this season
Agree with you on the extra striker though

If it was a month ago and we were in this position with 2 or 3 deals looking likely, I'd actually be fairly happy going into the season.

The issue is we've surrendered the best part of 15 (likely soon to be 18) points by being so so late to get our squad in order, obviously hindered by our wretched finances from recent years.
Joyful. Life affirming. ?

They really are gonna wait to announce these till tomorrow aren't they to fill up their deadline day.

Was just about to say the same!

I think if they hold both announcements back until tomorrow (Gueye & Garner) then perhaps they aren’t confident they’ll be any others.

If one or both get announced today, potentially they know they have another to announce tomorrow

Tomorrow is gonna be carnage as we let about 6 players leave on loan or for fees.

I'm going for
Rondon - loan.
Gomes - loan.
Allan - sold.
Keane - sold.
Dacoure - sold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back