Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol
Prior to last season he played
33,36,35,32 games in the prem per season!

You’ve fallen for the utter whem that is chatted that he is an injury liability!!! He’s had one major injury which he got over and a freak knee injury

Everton that
Aye, he should be back and firing soon but it'd be nice o have further competition/cover up top.

Lol

You’ve fallen for the utter whem that is chatted that he is an injury liability!!! He’s had one major injury which he got over and a freak knee injury

Everton that

…the concern is justified. Serious large muscle injuries have a tendency to return throughout a players career. Hopefully DCL is young enough to enable him to manage his situation.

Dress it up how you like but going in to the final day needing three or more players (I'm counting Gana and Garner because they haven't signed yet) shows how badly organised the club is. I don't think any club has made more deadline day signings over the years.
This sort of comment shows a complete lack of comprehension about business and negotiation.

The fact we will finish up signing eight or nine players is not disorganisation from the current team. It’s actually an acknowledgment that the squad wasn’t up to scratch. It shows to me some sort of planning and organisation to achieve so much whilst also getting rid of so many players.

Lol

Everton that
Hope you're right, but it's two big injuries last season and one already this season that put him out for 6+ games. Really hoping it's not a trend

This sort of comment shows a complete lack of comprehension about business and negotiation.

The fact we will finish up signing eight or nine players is not disorganisation from the current team. It’s actually an acknowledgment that the squad wasn’t up to scratch. It shows to me some sort of planning and organisation to achieve so much whilst also getting rid of so many players.
Wow this is so patronising

Also that the framework for transfers was probably built upon specific requirements (upfront payments, delayed orstaggerd payments, loans etc) which will have seen Kev negotiating all the way to today, as selling clubs will have had their own requirements/expectations.

Think you're completely wrong mate.

Well run clubs use the last minute period in a transfer windows for opportunistic transfers (Fellaini is a good example, we bought when we did to prevent being gazumped), or to capitalise on those who are ran chaotic to offload/sell at a premium.

We're desperately trying to bring players in to keep us competitive enough to stay in the league. The manager has spoke of a void in attacking areas for months, we're 5 games in with that void, and we're hours away from being left with that void until January.

It's far from ideal and I long for a transfer window when we aren't in a panic in the closing stages, scrambling around with the "Good evening Jim..." circus.

I'll start giving credit for "planning and organisation" when our officials start demonstrating a basic understanding of the rules of player registration. Until then, there will be no benefit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back