Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it made a huge difference having a goalkeeper who could push Pickford and actually play instead of him - regardless of fitness or suspension. It is no coincidence that Pickford performed his best since his first season with us, when he was pushed by Olsen.

Begovic is a diabolically bad GK these days. If Pickford is in bad form, he will stay in goal. If Pickford is injured and we have to play this fella, we will ship goals for fun. It would be a ludicrously bad signing- up there with Delph and Tosun (only for less ££).

I'm extremely concerned by our transfer policy.
Nobody with any upward mobility is going to want to come here full time to sit behind Pickford though. It's just filling a shirt whilst we (hopefully) look to more pressing positions to fill.

We also have to be realistic in that we are unlikely to be able to attract a 10-15 a season goalscorer who plays out wide / through the middle without European football to offer.

Pereira from WBA would be a cheaper option but would love someone like Saint Maximim who can get you excited when on the ball.

Cant remember the last player we've had like that - Del boy to an extent but he wasn't as skillful on the ball.
Pereira is by far the better option. By far.

If begovic is on a free and decent wages don't see the problem.

Proven half decent premier league keeper with experience, happy to sit on the bench.
The problem is when Pickford starts throwing them in his net again and he’s all we’ve got to come in and replace him

If begovic is on a free and decent wages don't see the problem.

Proven half decent premier league keeper with experience, happy to sit on the bench.
Grudgingly I have to agree. I imagine we had interest in Romero but that his wage demands were too much to justify.

Pickford should take this as a vote of confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back