Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night made me really concerned with the lack of depth we have, Kean and James were both of course out but it looks as though they’re both set for moves from the club so I won’t include them in anything around this post. I wanted to refrain from speaking about Sigurosson but there’s every chance we won’t see him in an Everton shirt ever again.

We only had five senior players missing the game yesterday, Davis Delph, Mina, Godfrey and JPG. As the season unfolds and we work through busy periods of the year we’re going to end up with much longer injury lists and more outs than we had last against Brighton.

I appreciate our home record and our drop in form is equally to blame in the second half of last season but look at what happened when we got some injuries and what that turned the quality of players and age/experience of players on our bench.

I understand it’s obviously a large ask but I think the club needs to secure at least four new players before the window shuts, a backup striker, an additional winger, someone who can play as a CAM/CM and a RB. In a dream world I’d also like another a back up LB who can do do a shift at CB and then loan out Nkounko but I know that’s not going to happen with FFP and the time remaining before deadline.

Last night made me really concerned with the lack of depth we have, Kean and James were both of course out but it looks as though they’re both set for moves from the club so I won’t include them in anything around this post. I wanted to refrain from speaking about Sigurosson but there’s every chance we won’t see him in an Everton shirt ever again.

We only had five senior players missing the game yesterday, Davis Delph, Mina, Godfrey and JPG. As the season unfolds and we work through busy periods of the year we’re going to end up with much longer injury lists and more outs than we had last against Brighton.

I appreciate our home record and our drop in form is equally to blame in the second half of last season but look at what happened when we got some injuries and what that turned the quality of players and age/experience of players on our bench.

I understand it’s obviously a large ask but I think the club needs to secure at least four new players before the window shuts, a backup striker, an additional winger, someone who can play as a CAM/CM and a RB. In a dream world I’d also like another a back up LB who can do do a shift at CB and then loan out Nkounko but I know that’s not going to happen with FFP and the time remaining before deadline.

RB + CM + WF + CF + CB

Those are the positions we need filling.

I think we can wait till next summer for centre back as weve not managed to sell Keane, Holgate or Mina. If we dont extend Mina's deal then he'll just have a year left next year :o

Hopefully Branthwaite rapidly develops this season to become one of the 4 and we can sell a couple of the others next summer.

Its going to be an exciting last 3 days ;)

I thought we would get more for Kean but I'm just glad he will be gone, better than to have him do nothing for us and be worth less next season

You say this like it's a bad thing?

Dan James could do a job for us. Wouldn’t buy him. Would take him on loan though. Game changing speed. Cant finish for [Poor language removed] but that’s not why we would bring him in.

Gonna be a Jesse Lingard loan at the final knockings of the transfer window isn’t it
I don’t see how he fits what Rafael has structured here. I’m admittedly higher on him than most, but of the guys probably being moved out this week (Dan James, Martial, Lingard, Chilwell, Barkley, Ndombele), the only guy that you could say plugs into this team seamlessly is James.

Martial isn’t playing wide in Rafael’s 4-4-2. Ndombele and Lingard are 10s in a 3 man midfield. Chilwell is a Wing back and Barkley is shot.

I have trouble seeing where the other “cheap move” is coming from this week.

In fact is 7 senior players if you include sigurdsson and James...not convinced he will go before the transfer window shut.

I've seen rumours around Maitland Niles on loan from Arsenal. I can't possibly imagine Arsenal, who are having a nightmare, passing a player on to us who will be a rival with them for a top half finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back