Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely we've protected ourselves with this deal and the obligation will be guaranteed unless there's a major injury involved, but the optics just don't look good at all.

Why on earth are we giving a team who have just cleared one of football's biggest salaries from their accounts and received 20 million euros that long to make the move permanent? It's just baffling.

….possibly because Benitez doesn’t want him here, Kean doesn’t want to be here & this deal is the only one on offer.

So, something like 6m per year loan fee each year then a 15m transfer fee. actually recoups most, if not all, of the money
Wouldn't it be more likely they waive the repayments owing over the two years and cover wages.... or, the loan fees cover repayments. same end result.

In two years, his book value would be zero (or as good as) thereby, the 20m then would be seen as pure profit.

But perhaps a more finance savvy person here could explain any benefits from the two possibilities and or if I'm talking nonsense.

Be disappointed if we don’t get another winger and striker in. Just hope we don’t end up with another Enner Valencia / Josh King type signing if we aren’t able to bring Diaz in.

These boys out of contract end of the season:

James
Sigurdsson
Tosun
Delph
Kenny
Gibson
Begovic

These boys futures varying degrees of uncertain:

Mina
Davies
Virginia
Iwobi
Kean
Gomes
Holgate
Gordon
Keane

Disappointing that weve not moved more players on this summer...

Be disappointed if we don’t get another winger and striker in. Just hope we don’t end up with another Enner Valencia / Josh King type signing if we aren’t able to bring Diaz in.

a RB is the priority - a winger (if its Diaz) would be welcome but a striker is not going to start most games, so right from the off we are always going to be getting someone like King / Rondon etc, so given that I'd much rather we just used Simms there (at least until January)

Last night made me really concerned with the lack of depth we have, Kean and James were both of course out but it looks as though they’re both set for moves from the club so I won’t include them in anything around this post. I wanted to refrain from speaking about Sigurosson but there’s every chance we won’t see him in an Everton shirt ever again.

We only had five senior players missing the game yesterday, Davis Delph, Mina, Godfrey and JPG. As the season unfolds and we work through busy periods of the year we’re going to end up with much longer injury lists and more outs than we had last against Brighton.

I appreciate our home record and our drop in form is equally to blame in the second half of last season but look at what happened when we got some injuries and what that turned the quality of players and age/experience of players on our bench.

I understand it’s obviously a large ask but I think the club needs to secure at least four new players before the window shuts, a backup striker, an additional winger, someone who can play as a CAM/CM and a RB. In a dream world I’d also like another a back up LB who can do do a shift at CB and then loan out Nkounko but I know that’s not going to happen with FFP and the time remaining before deadline.
I'd settle for three in, four seems like too much of a push. Less than three would be a disappointment.

Any news on Diaz ??
He failed the doorstep challenge apparently. We go with what we've got.
a407152f266ed7ff63dd1dcf21e6ebf1.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back