Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest the links to Townsend and to a lesser extent Gray didnt fill me with joy, both have done quite well, with Gray so far excelling, the Rondon links also.

I feel as tho its down to snobbery.

Maybe we should sign another highly rated teenager from Italy? Or possibly break our transfer record on somebody from Swansea, we could even pick up a fella from Arsenal who has great stats.

We will have potentially signed 4 players for less than 2million shortly, Begovic, Townsend, Gray and Rondon, none of them will get Merson saying we have broken the transfer window, but its very astute and a quite welcome return to The Moyes era when we spent very little money on players who are actually happy to play for the club.

Just seen its £130k a week, 2 year deal with option of a third year and he has naming rights to the new stadium, much to Usmanovs annoyance.

What a club!
I have just read that Leicester, WHU and Wolves are also interested in Rondon. Seems a bit jackanory to me

My concern with Rondon is that he isn't the player he was three years ago even, and even then his scoring record wasn't great. For me I would bring in a younger player to develop as back up. I worry Rondon will be next summers dead wood if he signs a two year deal.

To be honest the links to Townsend and to a lesser extent Gray didnt fill me with joy, both have done quite well, with Gray so far excelling, the Rondon links also.

Maybe we should sign another highly rated teenager from Italy? Or possibly break our transfer record on somebody from Swansea, we could even pick up a fella from Arsenal who has great stats.

We will have potentially signed 4 players for less than 2million shortly, Begovic, Townsend, Gray and Rondon, none of them will get Merson saying we have broken the transfer window, but its very astute and a quite welcome return to The Moyes era when we spent very little money on players who are actually happy to play for the club.
Very good points to be honest.

I think the main thing is to ensure we aren't paying him silly wages.

If Rondon signing allows us to spend whatever money from Kean's departure on another position i am all for it.

Someone who is going to spend more than 75% of his time sitting on the bench, I'm not quite sure who else people think we are going to sign.

Benitez seems to get a tune out of him as well

Lets be honest he's utter crap, Benitez knows him and thinks he can cover DCL as a target man in cup games or when he's rested

Benny has had to recommend a stop gap because we can't off load Brands crap like Kean

Well no mate, we arent making the same mistakes.

4 players for 2million is not the same mistakes.

You also have to add in the contract lengths are much shorter too. I mean theres very little downside on these.

Obvious comparisons to Moyes, but also a bit with Walter, where we picked up some handy players for very little money.

He's Marcus bent!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back