Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is I think all the links are relatively sensible in light of how we're playing so far this season. Even someone like Rondon is completely the wrong age but he's cheap and he sort of is a DCL like player who is going to be able to provide an out ball, work hard and score here and there. It's hard finding a willing backup too and he should be. I don't hate it.
We need back up for DCL 100%, we were lucky to get away with none last season. Don’t hate Rondon signing, it’s not exciting but he’s a target man at least who could do a job. Didn’t think much of the Maitland Niles links but regardless of specifics…

We’re in a difficult place tomorrow, a frantic buzz of activity. Hard to plan for because you don’t know what’s going to come up, temptation may be to do something rather than nothing - little time to think and a lot of pressure. Money can easily be wasted and I’m just saying I’ve seen enough of that over recent years. We’ve got a lot of high earners out of contract next summer, have a proper go then.

Everyone knows you get the best value out of the market on the very last day when every clubs knows you're desperate....

Keep holding on mate.
I think, when you’re having to buy players on the cheap or get loans in, you probably will have to take it to the wire because clubs either want replacements or they’ll purposely let it go late in order to squeeze every last penny they can out of us.

Not only have the sustainability rules killed our spending power but, with it, our ability to negotiate effectively. We were VERY lucky with Gray that his club wanted rid and hadn’t invested a great deal in him in the first place. That kind of lightning was always unlikely to strike twice for us.

If I was a gambling man - and I’m not because I’m largely crap at it - I think Buta will be our fall back at RB. Rondon is nailed on to come in as ST. Neither prospect stirs my loins particularly but here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back