Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

There was no EFC interest in or bid for James

Everything we have done or are trying to do has been free, cheap or loans with the sole exception of Diaz which is tied in with trying to shift James

We will do almost certainly something tomorrow. It probably won’t be very exciting.

Correct me if I’m wrong - I often am - but Patterson, AMN and Diaz offers all came pretty much out of the blue, no? Yet people are cryarsing about not getting players a) they didn’t know we were in for until 5 mins ago and b) not seeming to understand that, given the timescales involved in those processes, there could very well be all new names in the frame by tomorrow.

If you’re young/new to footy and this is your first transfer window then fair enough; anyone else getting yourself wound up should probably feel a bit embarrassed. Every club goes through similar nonsense every year. Personally I’d rather a few well thought out purchases than what had become the customary load of expensive nonsense.

As far as what I’d consider a success overall (on top of what we’ve already done):

Get a RB and ST
Get James and Kean gone (I don’t dislike either but they obviously have no future here and are expensive)

Bonus would be a CM/LW and Kenny on his bike as well.

As a stand-alone proposition I don’t hate the idea of Nkounkou going out on loan but I DO hate the idea of Godfrey, Delph etc “doing a job” in the event that one of the best LBs in the league is injured or needs a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back