Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it was a disaster like but I wouldn’t say it was a massive success either tbh. I think Allan and doucoure are both pretty good but they arent great long term value so we need success to make them good signings because of their age and that looks very unlikely to me right now and I definitely liked watching James but he’s either going to leave on a free now or we’re going to pay him another 5 or 10mil to play on his computer for a year so he’s not a success either. We didn’t sell anyone that I can remember so still had the same dead wood so all in all not a window many teams would be jealous of.

You forgot a few.

Josh King was a bust in January, but low-risk, looked like he filled a need, and tbf I think Carlo didn't give him a fair shot.

Olsen was decent business; he pushed Pickford, filled in well, and might have been an acquisition had his family not been attacked with machetes.

Nkonkou has looked good, sometimes sensational, in limited appearances. He may not have a first team future but he has that potential and should at the very least turn a profit.

Most of all, Godfrey, and he was the best get of all in terms of setting us up for the future. He may be a starting CB for several years. He's physically gifted, skilled, has the nous and the temperament. Might be captain material.

Allan is 30 but Doucore is 28, probably his resale value has peaked but you could still call him in the prime of his career for maybe a couple more years. I don't mind a couple of older players.

Brands gets killed here, not without reason, but give him credit for the good deals he's made. James, Allan, Doucore, Godfrey, Nkonkou, Olsen, King, that's a pretty good window especially compared to what's come before.

Last edited:
Amazing that we are seemingly now the poorest team in the league, unable to make a single cash purchase.

When the top sides make some duff purchases for £25 million they don’t start shopping in the bargain bin, they just start making purchases for £55 million.
They have much bigger turnovers than us. We have a,so had an horrendous run of players seeing out large contracts and leaving for nothing.

I said that on July 5th after saying a few clubs in Turkey were after him. I also said a week later that he was holding out to join Rafael. On July 21st I said we were talking to him again.

We couldn't agree on wages with him before, Bow were agreeing to wages, the problem now is a hold up with Dalian as they owe Rondon money.
You say a lot of things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back