Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my main worry is actually central midfield. We have 4 injury prone midfielders. Two should have been marched out of the door and replaced with a reliable one.

….an ambitious club that is building a state of the art stadium at BMD. A club who’ve wasted millions on poor signings who now have to get their finances in order.

I said when Benitez came in that it was a ‘safe‘ appointment, I think this has also been a ‘safe‘ transfer window. No more expensive failures.

Bottom line is, are we stronger after the summer window than before it? Arguably we are; The glaring lack of wingers has been addressed & Rondon is a more effective back-up than Kean or King.

Yes it’s underwhelming we have no high-profile signings, there are positions we might have strengthened but it’s not to say we are weaker than last season. January isn’t too far away & I feel ok about things.

A lesser manager
Left back cover and 3rd choice left
Coleman a year older, a year slower, no cover /1st choice Right back
Gone from James and Allan to Townsend and Rondon

Only improvement is the pace of Gray but he has never been consistent ever in his career so far.
We are in a far weaker position than we were at the start of summer

I think my main worry is actually central midfield. We have 4 injury prone midfielders. Two should have been marched out of the door and replaced with a reliable one.

There's huge glaring weak spots all over the shop macca. There would have been another one if they'd have punted James as well as we'd have been void of a playmaker.

Any semblance of injuries or suspensions and we'll be massively struggling

If anyone is happy with this window at all, they need to give their heads a shake.

Imagine 6 months ago saying our signings would be rondon, townsend, begovic, lonergran and Gray. Not a single person would have been happy.

The only change in that time is a managerial appointment. And now people are just accepting of it.

Gray may admittedly, and I hope he does, prove to be decent but he started well at his last 2 clubs and then it went badly, so it's allmo whether he can keep it going.
Yes basically gray, iwobi and Townsend have to play consistently better than they’ve ever done in their careers. Let’s see how that pans out.

Will Doucoure and Allan stay fit. Because Davies and Gomes aren’t good enough back up. And Coleman is a year older and picks up injuries.

the club have took a massive gamble.

Bit of a rollercoaster few years for several obvious reasons - in Everton terms we have gone from teasing the top end of the league with Ancelotti and James to taking on our nemesis manager and giving him a shoestring budget.

It's pretty clear why Ancelotti left - he must have known he'd have no new money to work with and decided he couldn't be bothered.

My expectations are pretty low for this season but that gives the team an opportunity to surprise I guess.

I'm still excited to see BMD - players come and go but having a new home is special.

Brands doesn’t normally shop in January windows, but wouldn’t be at all surprised if that changed this year. Think they’ll be stung by criticism that will come their way and get a couple of positions sorted in January.

First job of work this morning for the manager is get Jamo into the office and make it work.

It’s his job to get the best out of our quality players.

A good manager brings him onside now and controls the controllables.
Is Benitez capable of backing down like that?
He's already made it very clear that he doesn't want him at the Club, and treated him exactly the same way at Madrid.

Yes basically gray, iwobi and Townsend have to play consistently better than they’ve ever done in their careers. Let’s see how that pans out.

Will Doucoure and Allan stay fit. Because Davies and Gomes aren’t good enough back up. And Coleman is a year older and picks up injuries.

the club have took a massive gamble.

TBF Gray at least should do that - his problem at Leicester was not playing in a position that could fit into that side. Iwobi is the worry though - even at his absolute best, if we can accommodate him in a starting XI then we could do the same for Rodriguez, who is far better than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.