Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still cant believe this club was prepared to hand Rangers £8M for a sub who'd started 7 games for them.

It underlines that the idiocy is still there behind the scenes and that when we do get cash to spend again someone needs to be taken out of the equation in decision making on fees for players.
I'm not sure we were ever going to pay 8mil for him. We don't have the money. Maybe a couple mil with future add-ons.

I still cant believe this club was prepared to hand Rangers £8M for a sub who'd started 7 games for them.

It underlines that the idiocy is still there behind the scenes and that when we do get cash to spend again someone needs to be taken out of the equation in decision making on fees for players.

Why are you so worried about a bid that may or may not have been made, for a player we did not sign?

I don’t think he’s an upgrade on a fit Coleman. Not just in terms of his performance but his attitude as a captain. He’s better than Kenny though or a Coleman that’s been flogged

I love Coleman, but we have to know he is not going to be able to play every game this season, the last 3 seasons he has played less league games year on year, 29, 27 and 25. Even if he matches last year we will have 13 games when he is out we will have to rely on Kenny or Holgate at RB

I think we had some pennies from the window P/L difference of Bernard (immediate) and Gray (spread over several years) and offered £5mil for Patterson from that.

The £8mil, Rondon and AMN were just as/after Kean was on the way.

I think Cunha and Diaz were if Richarlison was leaving.

My guess is that we had £3/4mil in total to spend this summer and were leveraging over the next 4 or 5 years to take it higher

Kean is 2 years loan + permanent fee is spread over 3 years.

Glad you see Benitez signed the players he wanted...

Do we win a trophy?

Richarlison was never leaving and we were still in for Diaz mate

So it would probably have been done against the future sale of Richarlison or Dom, and getting James off the books.

Think this is an overreaction in all honesty, but an understandable one.

We have a squad of 25 players who you'd consider to be in the first team picture (26 I guess, but we won't get into that).

There are easily enough players here to put out a team and fill a bench and there's a reasonable spread of players across each position (with the arguable exception of full back), we just may not like some of them...

View attachment 137625
Easily enough yet we only named 8 with 2 keepers for the last game.....

Richarlison was never leaving and we were still in for Diaz mate

So it would probably have been done against the future sale of Richarlison or Dom, and getting James off the books.
I’d imagine we would have paid the asking price for Diaz if PSG had moved for Richy. Does seem we had some (but not loads of) money available for the right player but nothing materialised.

Could be a bit of a merry go round next summer although Richarlison will have to have a good season to get his big move to a CL team.

Status
Not open for further replies.