Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Done Everton FC
About time.
No longer do we bend to player, agent demands.

Brilliant window.
(Considering we had to sell to buy to balance books so not further affecting Financial Restrictions, Pandemic losses, and clear issues with the SL6 unhappy with our response to their cartel ambitions now not doing business with us either)
James trying to engineer on his terms, not allowed to leave unless on our terms.
Moise Kean sold.
Some fringe players gone and replaced with improvements.
Some pace and back up added.

Players we went for, not forced to overpay.

Clubs will know, from now on, like they do with Levy from Spurs, that we are no longer Poor Negotiators willing to overpay or undersell.

This had to happen.
Hopefully more valuable windows ahead as we shift more deadwood, and get our targets without paying a ransom

Why are you so worried about a bid that may or may not have been made, for a player we did not sign?
Because it underlines the level of amateurism at Everton that even at a time when cash is in short supply a decision was made to even go after that lad.

If any of Coleman/Digne/Doucoure/Allan get injured then there’s trouble.

Can’t stand the sight of Kenny so hopefully he never plays for us again.
We are going to need a bit of luck with injuries something we didn't have last season no matter what failings Carlo had.i see no problem with us getting 59 plus points if we can stay away from major injuries and good management

We are going to need a bit of luck with injuries something we didn't have last season no matter what failings Carlo had.i see no problem with us getting 59 plus points if we can stay away from major injuries and good management
We arguably have a more effective squad than we did last year - Gray and Townsend certainly give us more options - and we have lost no major players. RB still a glaring issue and we still have slugs on the bench but top 10 should be achievable with a fair wind. Just hope the manager uses James as he can maybe be the difference maker for us in big games.

I still cant believe this club was prepared to hand Rangers £8M for a sub who'd started 7 games for them.

It underlines that the idiocy is still there behind the scenes and that when we do get cash to spend again someone needs to be taken out of the equation in decision making on fees for players.
Only you would still be banging on about money that we NEVER spent.

Let's be honest, you haven't got a clue if that kid would become our next Seamus Coleman and the best 8 million we ever spent.

We arguably have a more effective squad than we did last year - Gray and Townsend certainly give us more options - and we have lost no major players. RB still a glaring issue and we still have slugs on the bench but top 10 should be achievable with a fair wind. Just hope the manager uses James as he can maybe be the difference maker for us in big games.
He should use every tool at his disposal if he cannot find someway to use James in what ever capacity .
But benitez has proven in the past to be very stubborn but we will wait and see how it unfolds

I mean, the hope would be that the austerity of the last two windows will be the FFP reset we needed.

Moshiri was not shy about wanting to spend money but being hamstrung by the regulations that exist.

The reality is, we are actually stronger than last season on very little spend.

We were crying out for wide options, Townsend and Gray look like good ones.

We had no sufficient back-up at centre forward, I would say Rondon will offer that for very little outlay. He's an effective threat for certain.

I also believe we'll likely move for Aurier on a two year deal and loan Kenny to Fulham. Obviously Benitez sees Delph as versatile back up for multiple positions.

On top of this, we have the wild cards.

How does Gomes fare under the most clear and detail oriented manager he's worked under yet? He's looked decent when he's played so far.

Does Gbamin get a match day rhythm back? He seems to have the attributes to be a top player and he's only 25.

James Rodriguez is still an Everton player. Can we get him playing effectively in the system Benitez wants?

Not all doom and gloom, especially considering the strong start. This could be the best season we've had in ages.

I mean, the hope would be that the austerity of the last two windows will be the FFP reset we needed.

Moshiri was not shy about wanting to spend money but being hamstrung by the regulations that exist.

The reality is, we are actually stronger than last season on very little spend.

We were crying out for wide options, Townsend and Gray look like good ones.

We had no sufficient back-up at centre forward, I would say Rondon will offer that for very little outlay. He's an effective threat for certain.

I also believe we'll likely move for Aurier on a two year deal and loan Kenny to Fulham. Obviously Benitez sees Delph as versatile back up for multiple positions.

On top of this, we have the wild cards.

How does Gomes fare under the most clear and detail oriented manager he's worked under yet? He's looked decent when he's played so far.

Does Gbamin get a match day rhythm back? He seems to have the attributes to be a top player and he's only 25.

James Rodriguez is still an Everton player. Can we get him playing effectively in the system Benitez wants?

Not all doom and gloom, especially considering the strong start. This could be the best season we've had in ages.
Why was he released though?

He should use every tool at his disposal if he cannot find someway to use James in what ever capacity .
But benitez has proven in the past to be very stubborn but we will wait and see how it unfolds
That’s my concern. Benitez doesn’t want him and won’t play him. Hopefully he’ll see the sense in using him when needed. Puts James in the shop window and will hopefully pick up points for us.

I think Rafael is getting the players properly conditioned in training. This is very important to reducing the potential for player availability...we have too we are too thin on the ground. Not much we can do about injurys in game or age of players.

The one risk is that the manager has them playing a high tempo now every game which this lot are not used to so could have a wear and tear effect.

We have to beat the teams around us we expect to win against, build up the points quickly and we can survive injury on mass later in the season.

I see plenty of people have been at the kool aid this morning. We’re not the worst squad in the league or anything but let’s be honest this window hasn’t been a refreshing change or a sign of a better strategy it’s just been a bit of a mess. The players we’ve signed have looked ok so far but it’s been three games and you don’t need to have a long memory to think of plenty of players who made good starts for us and then bottomed out in fact you only have to go back six months and James was like a god and now apparently he was a waste of a shirt. It’ll be interesting to see whether people think Townsend gray and rondon were great signings when we hit a rough patch but I think I already know the answer to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.