Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me I want to be looking at getting 5 in the door with a mix of youth and experience.

Aarons and Olise really stand up in the Championship too much for us not to go all out on them just too much potential and talent. Olise especially can play all across the midfield so added flexibility and rumours of his £8m release clause is a bargain for the Championship

From recent rumours, Pape Sarr again has so much to offer us in terms of speed, strength and genuine ability plus only 18. He has everything Bissouma has so his star will only rise.

He reminds me of Ryan Gravenberch at Ajax and Eduardo Camavinga of Rennes who will earn HUGE moves this summer and I think Sarr is the next best if not equal to them for his age and half the price.

Next I want two experienced players who instantly force their way into our first team: CB and RW.

I think Mina is off, just a feeling, I think we need a more reliable and forceful centre back so I'd go for Koulibaly. He has everything and next to Godfrey, wow those two would be unstoppable.

Finally that right attacking option we have been crying for a good while so Antony at Ajax. Great season and outstanding player who would give is great balance and must needed speed. Not going to be cheap but he is exciting and guaranteed to be an instant favourite.

Aarons - £27m
Olise - £8m
Pape Sarr - £15-20m
Koulibaly - £35-40m
Antony - £30-35m

£130m if we have to pay top dollar but likely to be seeing:
Kean - £30-40m
Bernard - £5-10m
Kenny - £4-6m
and I think Mina would be £20-25m plus a few squad players going here and there.

It's time to back Carlo now with a big wedge and start looking higher up.

I suspect there will be great opportunities in the loan market this summer. I would be surprised if most clubs did not use this considering the current financial uncertainty. That kind of money on a fullback seems wrong but if he us the real deal and it ties down a position for 6 or 7 years it is ultimately money well spent.

We seem to get linked now with a lot of fading stars where their club are trying to get rid of them (Coutiniho being the most recent example). I am sure much of it is lazy journalism but we need to be careful we don’t fill our squad with the wrong profile of player in desperation for short term success.

I suspect there will be great opportunities in the loan market this summer. I would be surprised if most clubs did not use this considering the current financial uncertainty. That kind of money on a fullback seems wrong but if he us the real deal and it ties down a position for 6 or 7 years it is ultimately money well spent.

We seem to get linked now with a lot of fading stars where their club are trying to get rid of them (Coutiniho being the most recent example). I am sure much of it is lazy journalism but we need to be careful we don’t fill our squad with the wrong profile of player in desperation for short term success.
Think that is because Ancelotti prefers more experienced players tbh and we have seen even pre Carlo that Brands does seem to have a likening towards big club rejects. I think if we do what we did last summer and balance it off ie for every 2 of them types we bring in 2 of a more Godfrey type profile i don't see an issue. However i do agree there is a slight worry that we will end up with a squad full of aging final payday players which nobody wants.

So which teams do you think it's acceptable for us to purchase players from?

I think you have to look at some we have and cannot shift, Iwobi, Besic, Tosun, what teams did they come from?

I think there is no unacceptable team but rather unacceptable players, e,g. Coutinho, do you want him? Is he good enough?

Think that is because Ancelotti prefers more experienced players tbh and we have seen even pre Carlo that Brands does seem to have a likening towards big club rejects. I think if we do what we did last summer and balance it off ie for every 2 of them types we bring in 2 of a more Godfrey type profile i don't see an issue. However i do agree there is a slight worry that we will end up with a squad full of aging final payday players which nobody wants.

That concerns me also.

If there has been a relaxation of FFP rules to compensate for Covid, this forthcoming window might be the only chance Usmanov gets to flex his muscles and really back Carlo into making us a top 4 side. A back four of
Aarons
Godfrey
Koulibaly
Digne
Is in my opinion a top 4 defence.

I agree but what of back up to cover for injuries and subbing?

I think you have to look at some we have and cannot shift, Iwobi, Besic, Tosun, what teams did they come from?

I think there is no unacceptable team but rather unacceptable players, e,g. Coutinho, do you want him? Is he good enough?
I'm indifferent about Coutinho. He must be pretty good but I think it's all nonsense anyway.

????

Yes please? Have you watched him recently?

He would cost 90m, he's on 300k a week and he's been quite bad for the last 18 months.

No, no, God no.
It will never happen anyway.

He is probably one of those players that struggles with bit part appearances.

im not actually sure who they could sell him to.

It will never happen anyway.

He is probably one of those players that struggles with bit part appearances.

im not actually sure who they could sell him to.
At his best hes a great player, he just hasn't hit that for a while now, seems to have gone a bit stale, which is odd.

If there has been a relaxation of FFP rules to compensate for Covid, this forthcoming window might be the only chance Usmanov gets to flex his muscles and really back Carlo into making us a top 4 side. A back four of
Aarons
Godfrey
Koulibaly
Digne
Is in my opinion a top 4 defence.
Depends on the midfield in front of them too though. Even if that is good enough I doubt we're locking teams down with a Doucoure-Allan shield in front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back