Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need a new manager to assess any of these players. They should already be out the door.

I'm fed up making excuses for Brands. He is in charge of recruitment and moving players on yet we never see players moved on. The squad will never improve while we continue to give more chances to players who contribute nothing to the squad.

Preseason starts in 6 days and they will all be back again. It's not good enough.
Which part of "under contract" is hard to understand. We have them until their contract expires because no-one will pay them their current wage. Hard to accuse Brands of not getting rid of players under contract, who are earning a huge wedge and won't go for less. Pu yourself in their shoes, we can pay you 100K per week for the next 2 years, or you can go somewhere else, have to work for it and be paid less - what would you do? Sit tight and count the sponduliks, I would imagine.

People need to understand contract law, before throwing accusations of incompetence.

Which part of "under contract" is hard to understand. We have them until their contract expires because no-one will pay them their current wage. Hard to accuse Brands of not getting rid of players under contract, who are earning a huge wedge and won't go for less. Pu yourself in their shoes, we can pay you 100K per week for the next 2 years, or you can go somewhere else, have to work for it and be paid less - what would you do? Sit tight and count the sponduliks, I would imagine.

People need to understand contract law, before throwing accusations of incompetence.

I understand contract law but I also believe most top level footballers want to play football. If they were told there was zero prospect of selection for the incoming season then some would like to move on. Maybe that's naive, but I find it strange that players would be happy with that situation.

Lots of these players keep getting more chances in the squad and it's hard to understand. They shouldn't be involved in the first team.

We don't need a new manager to assess any of these players. They should already be out the door.

I'm fed up making excuses for Brands. He is in charge of recruitment and moving players on yet we never see players moved on. The squad will never improve while we continue to give more chances to players who contribute nothing to the squad.

Preseason starts in 6 days and they will all be back again. It's not good enough.
Its our own mismanagement of offering bang average players big wages - you quite literally can’t give them away and they sure as heck aren’t taking a pay cut so you’re left with them like a dead weight around your neck until their contract expires

We should be all over Renato Sanchez from Portugal/Lille - the prototype midfielder we need.
Also - and being Danish I am biased - Joakim Mæhle from Atalanta and Mikkel Damsgaard from Sampdoria, both would bring skill and pace to our side.

We should be all over Renato Sanchez from Portugal/Lille - the prototype midfielder we need.
Also - and being Danish I am biased - Joakim Mæhle from Atalanta and Mikkel Damsgaard from Sampdoria, both would bring skill and pace to our side.
Damsgaard apparently would cost upwards of 50 millions euros...unfortunately we do no have that kind of money...

Renato sanchez, in this tournament, has been one of the standout midfielders. Energy, passing and dribbling, creativity and always looking to move forward. He can handle himself as well. He's exactly the type of player we need. Bigger clubs than us will be in for him though. We need players of the same ilk and if our coaches can't see that then there's something wrong.

Renato sanchez, in this tournament, has been one of the standout midfielders. Energy, passing and dribbling, creativity and always looking to move forward. He can handle himself as well. He's exactly the type of player we need. Bigger clubs than us will be in for him though. We need players of the same ilk and if our coaches can't see that then there's something wrong.
By all accounts he had a great season for Lille as well (I don't watch the French league before @Nymzee of some other football hipster lays into me). From the Euros he looks exactly the sort of midfielder we need, dynamic, brave, committed, although I accept that there is often a difference in commitment between national teams and club sides. I suspect he's beyond our reach now, unfortunately.

This should be one of the easier windows for us if we're smart. We know our better players, we know who isn't up to scratch, we know our sellable assets like Kean and we know exactly the type of players and positions we need regardless of who the manager is.

Brands should have been the first out the door this summer.

No excuses for dithering when its clear the squad isn't good enough. If the board bring in Benitez not backing him to the hilt is crazy as some good signings would take the pressure off him somewhat.

Sanches would have been a good target but if rumours are to be believed there is interest from champions league teams now. Is it too much to ask to have a decent recruitment strategy like Lille? Wasn’t Brands supposed to bring that to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.