Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing that hasn’t already been mentioned in the media.

The only two 'exciting' links ive seen are for White and Aarons...young, quick, English ball players.

Signings like Dumfries and the other links seem to be budget lower mid table moves.

Bernard
Delph
Iwobi
Tosun
Gomes
Gylfi
It’s staggering how much money would come off the wage bill in getting rid of these crabs next season.

out of all of them only Gylfi offers an iota of a return, but I’ve included him as he’s only going to get slower and I don’t think the PL is the place for him any longer.

Interesting you use that phrase because from what I've seen (admittedly a small sample size), he's the complete opposite of that. I think Barca fans question if he actually has a brain. The reaction to us taking him is being met with similar disbelief and joy that we got from Arsenal fans for taking Iwobi.

From what I've seen of Lenglet (and I have also consulted a couple of Barca fans to see if I had it wrong, but they confirmed): So many daft leg swings, own goals, missed headers and red cards - absolutely nothing between the ears.

I suppose more at his Sevilla time, he's not the quickest but seemed to read the game quite well.

The Barcelona time has been a bit of a disaster. It's a difficult one of course, because Mina and Digne flopped there too and have been good here, and James fell out of favour at Madrid and did well here. But then for every one of those you might have a Gomes or an Iwobi. It's not easy at all.

All I would say though, is this was the player Brands wanted pre Mina, for the best part of 30m on his Sevilla form. Has he become a fundamentally different player/person in that 3 years? Alternatively you can flip that and say was the form at Sevilla the anomale?

Is this true?!

"In addition to the expensive players that Everton signed, Steve Walsh also recommended Hull duo Andy Robertson and Harry Maguire for a combined £20 million and teenage Norwegian striker Erling Haaland for €4 million"

I think Steve Walsh just mentions every up and coming name so he's linked to them if they make it

Bernard
Delph
Iwobi
Tosun
Gomes
Gylfi
It’s staggering how much money would come off the wage bill in getting rid of these crabs next season.

out of all of them only Gylfi offers an iota of a return, but I’ve included him as he’s only going to get slower and I don’t think the PL is the place for him any longer.
From that list who are we realistically going to sell? Bernard, maybe, I can't see any of the others leaving and I think it's more likely that Gylfi gets a contract extension. The squad is likely to be very similar to last season as far as I can see. I might have a tenner on us finishing below Steve Bruce's Newcastle.

Is this true?!

"In addition to the expensive players that Everton signed, Steve Walsh also recommended Hull duo Andy Robertson and Harry Maguire for a combined £20 million and teenage Norwegian striker Erling Haaland for €4 million"

Even if it is, why would anyone trust Walsh with any recommendations after Schneiderlin Williams Bolaise Klaassen Tosun Walcott Siggurdson Sandro Martina Keane Onyekeru Lookman Vlasic

He might argue that Koeman was behind most of them but still why did he stick around if he had no say on players coming in. Very easy to play the Wenger game of ‘I always wanted x now world class player’

Status
Not open for further replies.