Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ive said it before, who the hell would want to buy us?

The club has debt, needs a new stadium desperatly, owns no assets including ground around the stadium, have a board of men only interested in their own pockets and live just accross from a club with a much bigger worldwide image than us.

History or how many years without relegation is meaningless in a business sense, and as a business i cant see one redemable thing about us to make us anything more than a cash black hole.

I think the question is more 'who would want to sell us' given that kenwright and co are set to make an absolute fortune from next season onwards when the huge overseas TV money from the new deal starts coming in.

Makes more sense surely to wait for that cash cow to come in before selling ?

I think the question is more 'who would want to sell us' given that kenwright and co are set to make an absolute fortune from next season onwards when the huge overseas TV money from the new deal starts coming in.

How many new TV deals are there going to be? Will it ever end?

We're not getting relegated this season so the dosh is guaranteed....it can be factored into the price.....just like the need to redevelop should be factored into a reasonable price

I don't believe that something will happen. Nope. No way.

BUT if it does happen, Tim Howard will be acquitted of all his sins in goal because surely he is the one who made those guys in Kansas our fans :D

Everton lack an ideal location or stadium. That being said, Everton are consistently one of the top-10 sides in the richest soccer league in the world. Anyone buying Everton will be looking at the league's potential far more than Everton's potential. With the recent massive growth, it's conceivable that the English Premier League keeps getting bigger and bigger and eventually becomes the undisputed top league in the world. The league combined with the great youth talent on the club would actually make Everton an intriguing purchase candidate. Maybe not the ideal candidate but certainly one of the top 5 in the EPL.

Aye for him, but for someone with zero interest in the club away from making money, you dont have to sell up if its making you rich by doing very little.

I may be wrong, and i hope if the time comes they did sell up, but i am just thinking out loud as to how profitable it could be

Depends though.

I mean, say you owned two houses. You live very happily in one, and the other one you just hold as an investment. Both houses rise in value year in, year out. Say you paid 250k for the second one and, after many years, it's worth 3 million. Chances are, it'll carry on increasing in value and you'll be able to update a spreadsheet in a scrooge like manner and rub your hands knowing you've got this appreciating asset. But, eventually, you might want to spend some money and decide to sell that house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back