Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I change my vote to no
98311.webp

Sounds arlarse but honestly, if I was an investor looking for a premier league side I couldn't look past West Ham. Free stadium, no rent, no bizzie fees, no nothing to pay for for god knows how long. Pump a couple hundred mill into the playing staff and they'd fill that ground week in week out.
Seems to me this is the usual pre AGM bollocks, or the pre season ticket sales links with a boss signing, it wore thin about 10 years ago.

with the caveat that this same point and a dozen counter-points have no doubt already been made, be careful what you wish for?

is there any team bought by Americans that has actually demonstrably benefited? they might just lose interest once they learn that you can't buy up all the local politicians in order force taxpayers into subsidizing new stadiums every 20 years, or collude to keep player wages down, as is standard practice on the "free" market. the best case scenarios have seen preposterous spending on limited players, mountains of debt from the initial purchase loaded onto team accounts, and burning effigies.

the question isn't just would be better off with a yank deus ex machina but also are we better off now than we would be with the lot that run villa or sunderland... or even the Indian chicken peddlers at blackburn.

if we ever do get bought up, the odds of things getting much worse have to be at least even, if the rest of the division and not particularly short list of teams no longer in the top division suggest.

Sounds arlarse but honestly, if I was an investor looking for a premier league side I couldn't look past West Ham. Free stadium, no rent, no bizzie fees, no nothing to pay for for god knows how long. Pump a couple hundred mill into the playing staff and they'd fill that ground week in week out.
Seems to me this is the usual pre AGM bollocks, or the pre season ticket sales links with a boss signing, it wore thin about 10 years ago.

Sounds great in theory but if someone is looking to invest and doesn't have much of an idea, they'll see that stadium and other amenities and think "I don't need to do anything here."

Now if someone does have a clue, or is advised properly, they'll follow the route you say there. I would agree with that and that's why MLS ownerships looking at us isn't entirely the worst thing. At least they're clued in, to an extent obviously, on what is going on within the football world.

That's what happened with City at first. Threw money at the wall and hoped it stuck, of course they won because they had talented players but it didn't all click until they brought in the fella from Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back