Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyable while it lasted, gave us hope but once again not to be. So it's back to

cheese-toast.webp

Yummy yum.

Desperation for activity? So sell sell sell, as long as Bill goes that's all that matters. We have never been more susceptible to a fleecing. Anybody with evertons best interestswould want Bill to stick around at the moment, anybody who wasn't an evertonian would be looking at this club and thinking, so I bought this place for £20m and the assets are worth £200m?

really?
ok then....

Hello, folks. Sporting KC fan here who heard and became quite interested in the rumors. For anybody who is interested in who these owners are, there have been a few longer profiles in American media following Sporting KC's ascent from the ashes over the past couple years that I'll link below. The longstanding hope for many area residents has been for SKC's owners to buy the Kansas City Royals (the MLB team) next, simply because they've done such a remarkable job with SKC. Hearing this rumor was intriguing, as anything hinting that they wanted to expand their ownership to other teams is a good sign for those of us who have witnessed their truly mind-boggling work with SKC. Without a doubt, they're seen as the most skilled and invested of Kansas City's three pro sports franchise owners, and are now widely-considered the "model" MLS franchise for their ability to maximize the franchise's quality within its modest market via innovation and fan-centric culture. When they bought the team (formerly the Kansas City Wizards), the franchise was on the brink of folding or relocation and was a black eye for MLS. The franchise was founded and owned by Lamar Hunt (pioneering AFL founder and Chiefs owner who bankrolled three original MLS franchises), so many considered the location of a potentially successful franchise in Kansas City to be little more than a pipe-dream.
The problem will be that to get success in the PL they would need to sink huge amounts into the club with no expectation of profit for some conciderable time.
Man City have just posted a profit for their owners for the first time since they took over in 2008.Not the business model they would like to follow I'd imagine.

Investor - 'I was gonna invest, then read the match thread on official everton website GOT, clearly the fans are mad and v annoying, it's not for me'

....youngster.

Haha. It's just frustrating having JUST missed the glory days. There's so much potential being squandered at Everton. I don't demand success, but it would be nice seeing us show ambition sometimes. There's still hope with the core of young players wr've got now I suppose. I'm clinging on to the hope they won't all get sold next summer :( think I'm going to watch the rugby now

Haha. It's just frustrating having JUST missed the glory days. There's so much potential being squandered at Everton. I don't demand success, but it would be nice seeing us show ambition sometimes. There's still hope with the core of young players wr've got now I suppose. I'm clinging on to the hope they won't all get sold next summer :( think I'm going to watch the rugby now

....you deserve success, Matey. Here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back