Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
i quite like witsel, don't rate him as highly as he's regarded, but it would definitely be a statement. I just think about the amount of centre mids we already have, with many of them young and worry about them being held back. Then again he could take Barry's starting spot which would instantly make us more attacking.

Would definitely take berahino if he's ready for £5m. As long as we get another after holding on to rom/buy 2.

Krul? nah, we need someone more commanding as first choice. Surely koeman wouldn't see him as good enough to be our first choice? I'd understand if he'd want him here instead of robles, but 1st choice for a team chasing champs league? hmm.

i quite like witsel, don't rate him as highly as he's regarded, but it would definitely be a statement. I just think about the amount of centre mids we already have, with many of them young and worry about them being held back. Then again he could take Barry's starting spot which would instantly make us more attacking.

Would definitely take berahino if he's ready for £5m. As long as we get another after holding on to rom/buy 2.

Krul? nah, we need someone more commanding as first choice. Surely koeman wouldn't see him as good enough to be our first choice? I'd understand if he'd want him here instead of robles, but 1st choice for a team chasing champs league? hmm.

The thing though would there be a spot for Barry with the way Koeman sets up his midfield. I think Barry suited the way RM wanted to play but not sure about Koeman.

The thing though would there be a spot for Barry with the way Koeman sets up his midfield. I think Barry suited the way RM wanted to play but not sure about Koeman.

which may also mean ledson may never have a big future here either. Besic is a bit more box-to-box so he should be okay, but it's another player to push him down the order. as well as mccarthy and gibson getting that new contract :s Tom davies was fantastic vs norwich and has a bright future, luckily he's a bit more advanced. But we have a lot of talented youngsters in those sort of areas as well as being stockpiled already.

think we have 4 or 5 positions that need more addressing before a 3rd or so of our budget is gone.

which may also mean ledson may never have a big future here either. Besic is a bit more box-to-box so he should be okay, but it's another player to push him down the order. as well as mccarthy and gibson getting that new contract :s Tom davies was fantastic vs norwich and has a bright future, luckily he's a bit more advanced. But we have a lot of talented youngsters in those sort of areas as well as being stockpiled already.

think we have 4 or 5 positions that need more addressing before a 3rd or so of our budget is gone.
We desperately need a ball playing cm.

And we shouldnt be trying to rush through the youth

I'm not getting into the same McCarthy arguments we had last year. Funnily enough you where saying the same things about him last summer

You sound like delboy mate
This time next year McCarthy will be this all singing all dancing box to box midfielder. 1st name on the team sheet, running games scoring goals and getting assists.

Guess what he didn't turn into the player you said he would. I'm not going on the McCarthy thread until next summer when he's sold.

You can then go on his new teams forum and tell them how great he is.
PS don't forget to mention the Germany game

I've never claimed that McCarthy will go on to become that. He's not that type of player.

In fact, the only person who regularly claims that he should be that is you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back