Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a fine player but 30m is ridiculous. How many of those goals were pens? I'd bet at least 5. Just because we spent 13m on a training dummy, it doesn't mean the market must go mad. If Deeny is a 30m player at age 27, Rom is worth 100m, which he isn't.

Penalties still count. If our own world class striker could actually convert a penalty then last season may have been rather different. 10 assists is pretty good going as well.

I'm just making the point that it can sometimes make sense to pay for players that have proven their competency in the Premier League, rather than gamble on unknown quantities or players with awful injury records. 30 million for someone who can actually play football is much better value than paying 5 - 15 million on someone who can't even get on the pitch through crapness or injury.

Penalties still count. If our own world class striker could actually convert a penalty then last season may have been rather different. 10 assists is pretty good going as well.

I'm just making the point that it can sometimes make sense to pay for players that have proven their competency in the Premier League, rather than gamble on unknown quantities or players with awful injury records. 30 million for someone who can actually play football is much better value than paying 5 - 15 million on someone who can't even get on the pitch through crapness or injury.

Not on FIFA 2017 it wouldn't be better. I like my teams to be won on paper when comparing the best XIs of the two sides

Deeney price is 30 million because he worth more to Watford. They believe they won't be able to replace him and the fans love him so he worth 30 million to them and also trying to price him out. It's up to Leicester to see if he worth 30 which is he probably not, so it would be best for them to look at alternatives or for him to hand a transfer request in

The Premier League premium, mate. That's all it is

The 15 goals and 10 assists come into it as well. What valuation do you think Evertonians would be placing on one of our players if they had just produced that type of return? Please bare in mind our McCarthy valuations from just a couple of years ago.

People seem to think if rom had been injured all season that a speck of dust would have replaced him up front. Somebody else would have scored in his absence.

Who mate? Kone? That is all we had, and naismith. Both had runs up front pretty much as well alongside rom and neither scored more than a couple of goals.

I would disagree that goals would have been replaced also, how many games did we score because of lukaku rather than in spite of him? how many times his strengths on the pitch led him to score rather than a simple tap in from 5 yards?

Think you give kone more credit than he deserves mate. Kone would never have scored nearly as many for us, and we probably would have lost a few more games as a result of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back