Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful with that.

Just because leicester are panicking because they don't know what's going to happen to then doesn't mean everyone is going to be mental.

Not saying there isn't going to be inflation but this could be an outlier.

Clubs can still be smart/savvy.
Be careful? This has been going on a few years now. Ross McCormack has never played a single minute of top flight football and at the age of 29 was being transferred between lower league clubs for 11 million and this was a couple of years ago.

It's gotten even worse since. Very very difficult picking up players who have something about them in this country, for sensible fees these days.

Troy Deeney is bog standard make no mistake. Decent work horse who puts in a shift and will score the odd goal or two.

30 million? Absolutely laughable and it's getting out of hand.

Be careful? This has been going on a few years now. Ross McCormack has never played a single minute of top flight football and at the age of 29 was being transferred between lower league clubs for 11 million and this was a couple of years ago.

It's gotten even worse since. Very very difficult picking up players who have something about them in this country, for sensible fees these days.

Troy Deeney is bog standard make no mistake. Decent work horse who puts in a shift and will score the odd goal or two.

Don't forget the £35M the RS paid for that yard dog Carroll! :Blink:

Deeney got 15 goals and 10 assists last season. I agree that he might be a bit overpriced at 30 million, but he is excellent value for money when you compare him to the 14million we wasted on Niasse. My point being that players of proven Premier League quality come at a significant premium; a premium worth paying for clubs that cannot afford to waste 14 million on absolute dross.

Deeney got 15 goals and 10 assists last season. I agree that he might be a bit overpriced at 30 million, but he is excellent value for money when you compare him to the 14million we wasted on Niasse. My point being that players of proven Premier League quality come at a significant premium; a premium worth paying for clubs that cannot afford to waste 14 million on absolute dross.

Even more so when it's a PL club selling to a PL club

Mata would be a great player to control the left, would like us to sign a natural left winger also so if Ross or someone got injured or Ron wanted to change the shape he could play Mata down the middle.

Couldn't tell you what natural winger i'd like to see us go for though, someone suggested Yacine Brahimi before, could be a good shout.
I mean, isn't the absolute general consensus that he's awful on the left? Just think that is a poor shout.

I don't disagree.

Just saying that that clubs have been throwing a lot of money around on rubbish for a long time.

Doesn't meant value can't be found or that everyone is going to do it.

Right now Leicester are more likely to do a villa or Newcastle job than they might have in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back