Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like the interest in Mata. Would love to see us in for he and Schneiderlin if they are on the outs at United. Quality, proven players both.

Trouble is I can see the inquiry going like this, "say Jose, hear you might be willing to part with Juan and Morgan?"

Jose: "yes, perhaps. Now that you mention it though, you have a young English CB I would like to discuss..."

So...would getting Mata and Schneiderlin be worth losing Stones?
Depending on whether we could sign a top-tier CB for around £20m to replace Stones... yes.

Sorry mate, but he demonstrably can play wide left and has done to great effect at various points in his career.

Pienaar was probably our best wide left attacking mid of recent years, and he was far from being blessed with pace. He thought quickly and had quick feet to get out of trouble. Mata is similar, only on a completely different talent level from Pienaar.

He's obviously not an out and out winger, but the thought of him working down the flank with Baines going past him (like he did with Pienaar) is a very attractive one.
Do you think he could play wide left in the type of system Koeman usually uses?

No, neither do I.

Tonny Vilhena spent the whole of last season on the bench and seemed like he would spend this season there too

: http://www.football-oranje.com/curious-case-tonny-vilhena/

Would be a good signing..

Haha! but if we was to take a gander into the depths of the dutch league, would like for us to inquire about, Hakim Ziyech been compared to Mahrez, would be good player on the cheap, was linked with Saints to replace Mane I think,could transpire into an Everton buy.

Also his club could be relegated I think forcing him to be sold on the cheap.

Pienaar was a great player. When he left it was like we was carrying a flesh wound constantly with poor options on the left, inept Martinez failed to address this issue. Koeman will.

Mata would be a great player to control the left, would like us to sign a natural left winger also so if Ross or someone got injured or Ron wanted to change the shape he could play Mata down the middle.

Couldn't tell you what natural winger i'd like to see us go for though, someone suggested Yacine Brahimi before, could be a good shout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back