Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the interest in Mata. Would love to see us in for he and Schneiderlin if they are on the outs at United. Quality, proven players both.

Trouble is I can see the inquiry going like this, "say Jose, hear you might be willing to part with Juan and Morgan?"

Jose: "yes, perhaps. Now that you mention it though, you have a young English CB I would like to discuss..."

So...would getting Mata and Schneiderlin be worth losing Stones?

I like the interest in Mata. Would love to see us in for he and Schneiderlin if they are on the outs at United. Quality, proven players both.

Trouble is I can see the inquiry going like this, "say Jose, hear you might be willing to part with Juan and Morgan?"

Jose: "yes, perhaps. Now that you mention it though, you have a young English CB I would like to discuss..."

So...would getting Mata and Schneiderlin be worth losing Stones?
Or maybe when Esk was telling us that 'his people are talking to our people', they were actually sorting out transfer business:D

It's the suggested fee of £35m that makes me stop and think "Actually, no thanks."

Many of those saying they want him are, in this very thread, suggesting he would play as a left wing or wide left attacking middie for us - a position he simply cannot fill due to his lack of pace. He's a 10, and a very good one. But ONLY a 10. So if he comes, especially at a big price, then he has to start at 10 and thus means we have to play a 4231 and Ross has to play in a different position.

It's not a simple case of "Yes I want Mata because he's a good player." or "No I don't rate him."
Sorry mate, but he demonstrably can play wide left and has done to great effect at various points in his career.

Pienaar was probably our best wide left attacking mid of recent years, and he was far from being blessed with pace. He thought quickly and had quick feet to get out of trouble. Mata is similar, only on a completely different talent level from Pienaar.

He's obviously not an out and out winger, but the thought of him working down the flank with Baines going past him (like he did with Pienaar) is a very attractive one.

Sorry mate, but he demonstrably can play wide left and has done to great effect at various points in his career.

Pienaar was probably our best wide left attacking mid of recent years, and he was far from being blessed with pace. He thought quickly and had quick feet to get out of trouble. Mata is similar, only on a completely different talent level from Pienaar.

He's obviously not an out and out winger, but the thought of him working down the flank with Baines going past him (like he did with Pienaar) is a very attractive one.

If we do indeed want a statement type signing, then can't think of one better than Mata that is achievable, as good as if not better than Ozil IMO

I know this isn't a video game but I am sure United may be interested in Stones, could be interesting to see if we do a swap for Schneiderlin and Mata for John, and go out and poach Van Dijk...

Regarding 'Aboubakar' I think that is Paper talk because he was linked with Saints previously...

When we appoint director of football I bet we will be linked with players with doF's background EG if it was Overmars:
Milik
Veltman etc

If Monchi

Coke
Konoplyanka etc

Best wait to see the smoke clear rather than counting chickens before it is hatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back