Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky linking us with llorente now, decent player very much in the talented target man mould that koeman seems to like and would be miles better thank kone up top with rom,
Also anyone else reckon the wijnaldium (however thats spelt) news could be us trying to get utd to hurry up with regards to mata?
Jesus I hope not - They'll probably go if you guys are even remotely insane enough to consider paying £25m for wijnaldium we want £350m for Mata please.

This has to be my least favourite thread. I'm more of an "Individual Player Transfer" thread guy myself.

This thread is the news analysis area. A tenuous link or something that leads to a capture, in here the Gotists prise open the news and see if it carries weight. If yes and we have a nod from a knower it could become a target for aforementioned "Individual Player Transfer" thread. If not, often the subject is forgotten but brought up again by someone 21 pages later and then shot down in flames.

You need this thread, it should not be your least favourite thread as it can be the ultimate spam filter.

This thread is the news analysis area. A tenuous link or something that leads to a capture, in here the Gotists prise open the news and see if it carries weight. If yes and we have a nod from a knower it could become a target for aforementioned "Individual Player Transfer" thread. If not, often the subject is forgotten but brought up again by someone 21 pages later and then shot down in flames.

You need this thread, it should not be your least favourite thread as it can be the ultimate spam filter.
And the fume, we need this thread for the fume!

When I was reading the Sevilla fans' forums (in English) at the height of the Emery and Monchi rumours, there was a universal consensus that every fan would personally pay the airfare of Llorente to another club no matter where as long as it meant him leaving.

I really want us to sign players who have hunger , commitment , and most of all actually want to play for us rather than us being their 2nd or 3 rd choice.

Surely Leicester winning the title should tell us that a disciplined team with spirit and a collective desire will overcome talented individuals.

I've had enough of star players who can't or won't sign for us.

Instead we should put our efforts and resources into attracting players who really want to be here and who Koeman can make a team out of.

I really want us to sign players who have hunger , commitment , and most of all actually want to play for us rather than us being their 2nd or 3 rd choice.

Surely Leicester winning the title should tell us that a disciplined team with spirit and a collective desire will overcome talented individuals.

I've had enough of star players who can't or won't sign for us.

Instead we should put our efforts and resources into attracting players who really want to be here and who Koeman can make a team out of.

I half agree.

But there's the other half which looks at all the other teams that have won things recently aside from Leicester and they are filled with players who went there for cash.

For example, I highly doubt Eden Hazard or Diego Costa joined Chelsea the season before last because they were lifelong Chelsea fans. They went there for the cash. And won the league.

We are in a weird position of having cash. That means we will be dealing with a different level of player than ever before. They will have clubs all over the place wanting them. We will simply have to offer the best deals to get them here.

Sky linking us with llorente now, decent player very much in the talented target man mould that koeman seems to like and would be miles better thank kone up top with rom,
Also anyone else reckon the wijnaldium (however thats spelt) news could be us trying to get utd to hurry up with regards to mata?

There could be something to the Wijnaldum rumours. Think Erwin Koeman was the one who brought him to Feyenoord and it seems like they don't mind going back for players they have worked with before.

Think he's got a bit of talent but 27m is too much, especially considering he doesn't appear to want to be there very much (would be more concerned about his attitude if he wasn't at Newcastle where his attitude seems somewhat understandable).

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back