Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
There could be something to the Wijnaldum rumours. Think Erwin Koeman was the one who brought him to Feyenoord and it seems like they don't seem to mind going back for players they have worked with before.

Think he's got a bit of talent but 27m is too much, especially considering he doesn't appear to want to be there very much (would be more concerned about his attitude if he wasn't at Newcastle where his attitude seems somewhat understandable).
Why is his attitude at Newcastle "understandable " ?

He was one of many players responsible for them getting relegated.

He should roll his sleeves up and perform to get them back up.

Apart from Newcastle paying him substantial wages what else would you expect of them as his employer?

You seem to think they have let him down. How?

This thread is the news analysis area. A tenuous link or something that leads to a capture, in here the Gotists prise open the news and see if it carries weight. If yes and we have a nod from a knower it could become a target for aforementioned "Individual Player Transfer" thread. If not, often the subject is forgotten but brought up again by someone 21 pages later and then shot down in flames.

You need this thread, it should not be your least favourite thread as it can be the ultimate spam filter.
This is my least favourite thread

We tentatively hoped there would be a signing by last Friday, by all appearances we're no closer now than we were then. Still, I'm sure the best players take the longest to secure (just made that up) so it'll be well worth it when we've got tons of boss players.

Why is his attitude at Newcastle "understandable " ?

He was one of many players responsible for them getting relegated.

He should roll his sleeves up and perform to get them back up.

Apart from Newcastle paying him substantial wages what else would you expect of them as his employer?

You seem to think they have let him down. How?

Terrible manager. Mental fans constantly at war with a slimeball owner. Can't imagine it being a great environment to play in and they are hardly a club known for getting the best out of players in recent times.

Not saying he's without blame but that's the way football is and if a club wants to take him, they will pay Newcastle to do that. If Everton had of got relegated last season do you think you would see Lukaku "rolling up his sleeves" in the championship?

We tentatively hoped there would be a signing by last Friday, by all appearances we're no closer now than we were then. Still, I'm sure the best players take the longest to secure (just made that up) so it'll be well worth it when we've got tons of boss players.
Why do new players have to sign by Friday?

If I was a betting man, I would bet each and every one of you that we will sign at least 3 new players by start of the season.

That's all that matters.

anyone know if the M'Vila rumours are true? would be a good squad player imo

To me that story seems like it has come from the players agent or the selling club, trying to get Sunderland to stump up the cash.

I'm not sure he is better than what we have to be honest. He was a player with a lot of promise a few years ago, but I don't think he had progressed as people hoped he would

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back