Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Because we could easily spend £120m if the types of Smertin and Ben-Haim are deemed acceptable purchases. Rather we spent £80m on pure quality.

Not sure it really works like that mate. If it was possible to only sign players that would turn out to be a success then everyone would be amazing wouldn't they. You have to play the game a little bit. Experiment. Relax and try things out, see what happens.

Not sure it really works like that mate. If it was possible to only sign players that would turn out to be a success then everyone would be amazing wouldn't they. You have to play the game a little bit. Experiment. Relax and try things out, see what happens.

But was your original point then "we should be spending this much"?

But was your original point then "we should be spending this much"?

I didn't have a point, as I said, it was just a bit of fun. I do think we should be signing lots of players though. If we can improve on what we've got, which we can in most positions, why wouldn't we?

I didn't have a point, as I said, it was just a bit of fun. I do think we should be signing lots of players though. If we can improve on what we've got, which we can in most positions, why wouldn't we?

Yeh wasn't picking at it was just seeing if that was your point. I would say - plucking a number out of my head - including Stek we will sign 6 senior players this window.

Here's a bit of fun for y'all. These are the signings made by Chelsea and Man City in their first summer+Jan transfer windows after being taken over. If any of it's wrong don't blame me, blame the internet.

CHELSEA
Glen Johnson (18, West Ham £6.3m)
Alexei Smertin (28, Bordeaux £3.5m)
Geremi (24, Real Madrid £7m)
Juan Sebastian Veron (28, Manchester United £15m)
Damien Duff (24, Blackburn £17m)
Wayne Bridge (22, Southampton £7m)
Adrian Mutu (24, Parma £15.8m)
Joe Cole (21, West Ham £6.6m)
Hernan Crespo (28, Inter Milan £16.8m)
Claude Makelele (30, Real Madrid £16m)
Neil Sullivan (33, Tottenham, free)
Marco Ambrosio (30, Chievo, free)
Jurgen Macho (25, Sunderland free)
Scott Parker (22, Charlton £10m)

(121m)

MAN CITY
Jo (£18m)
Tal Ben-Haim (£5m)
Vincent Kompany (£6m)
Shaun Wright Phillips (£9m)
Leandro Glauber (Undicslosed)
Pablo Zabaleta (£6m)
Robinho (£32m)
Wayne Bridge (£12m)
Craig Bellamy (£14m)
Nigel De Jong (£16m)
Shay Given (£8m)

(127m)

So far we are on:

Stekelenburg (Undisclosed)

(Undisclosed)

some of those City signings happened before the takeover mate, as it happend on the last day of the window, Kompany for one was 100% not bought by the current owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back