Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honda has stagnated a lot in Italy, we probably would have a chance of signing him but at this point he's not exactly a class above what we already have.

Even though I'm kind of half joking when I say let's get him, I think the fact he's not doing well in Italy currently doesn't mean a fresh start at a new team couldn't rejuvinate him

It's highly unlikely we'd get him like, but I do like him as a player and it wouldn't hurt us to have a highly recogniseable and marketable Japanese player on the books, especially as we've been trying for years to crack that market

He'd mean more in that situation than Kagawa would

I hear ya.

Tell him to get his head down and if he's performing well by January there is a bumper deal waiting for him to take him on parity with Lukaku and with a buy out clause of 55m for any club that wants to take him within the next 2 seasons, after which time the clause expires.

.....I think that is roughly the contract he turned down last season.

No necessarily a signing but I kinda hope Ronald can coach Ross some discipline and play further back. I think a midfield 3 of say carvalho, Ross as the box to box, and a mata/sigurdsson as number ten would be pretty boss. Much more creative and attacking. Away from home against the big guns we can drop either Ross or the number 10 and play another dm. Personally I'd flog McCarthy as he should command a decent fee.

No necessarily a signing but I kinda hope Ronald can coach Ross some discipline and play further back. I think a midfield 3 of say carvalho, Ross as the box to box, and a mata/sigurdsson as number ten would be pretty boss. Much more creative and attacking. Away from home against the big guns we can drop either Ross or the number 10 and play another dm. Personally I'd flog McCarthy as he should command a decent fee.

Personally I doubt Ross will ever be able to play in midfield.

Mata playing against Dortmund now

29 mins: A ball over the top looks for the searing pace of Juan Mata. He does not collect the pass.

45 mins: United try a passing triangle on the edge of their own box, which we can file under ‘maverick’. But in the end they only lose the ball when Mata is dispossessed further up the field. Three minutes added on.

VERDICT : SWERVE

29 mins: A ball over the top looks for the searing pace of Juan Mata. He does not collect the pass.

45 mins: United try a passing triangle on the edge of their own box, which we can file under ‘maverick’. But in the end they only lose the ball when Mata is dispossessed further up the field. Three minutes added on.

INCORRECT.

United getting schooled apparently. Excellent to hear.

Playing for a move!

Look we tried for the top tier players and they simply dont wanna know, no matter how much money we throw at them, people need to realise that these players get far more money in sponsorship than they would paying 75% tax on their earnings in England, things like Europa and CL football increases their exposure which in term increases the amount they earn.

We need a sense of realism, we are a team that has finished 11th for 2 seasons on the run, havent won a pot for 21 years, sure we have money to throw around, but as I stated above, players can make that paper elsewhere.

I see people turning their noses up at the likes of this Sigi fella, shocking sense of entitlement.

01217-2.jpg

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back