Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is safe to say the window is not going as planned, and we are finding it very difficult to get deals over the line, hopefully something will break soon but definitely problems behind the scenes. Maybe we have set are sights to high and thought we could just throw money at them?
Not quite at we will go with what we have stage yet but I think maybe we are down to our fourth and fifth targets rather than our top ones!
I think certain fans on forums have managed to over-egg the goals and targets to such an extent that we are going to be left dissapointed

Reactions: CJR

What a place this is, certainly gives you a laugh watching so many people lose their heads as we haven't signed anyone yet.

There's every chance we've been taken over by a fraud who is going to Randy Lerner us to the Championship - why should people be happy about that?

I think it's Stockholme Syndrome. When we first became rubbish everyone genuinely hated it and there were proper reasons for the masses to grumble and gripe. As time went on, people started to get some sort of pleasure from the complaining, finding that giving Kenwright a good bashing whenever possible was enough to get the endorphins rushing and forget that Everton are not the beautiful princess they used to be.

Now things are looking up, the club has already done things under Moshiri that we couldn't have done under the previous regime, the ground looks a definite possibility and pretty much every source in world football says we have money to spend, but...the complainers like to complain now, they enjoy it, the pleasure is no longer it trying to be great again, but rather in finding ways to paint the club in the same light it has been for the past 30 years. Even in the face of the evidence, there are some that will always prefer to be angry about what is not happening rather than entertain the fact that we might just be on the verge of something exciting.

Excellent analysis Russ

What a place this is, certainly gives you a laugh watching so many people lose their heads as we haven't signed anyone yet.

Agreed mate, no idea what the big hullabaloo is - it's only July, over a month til the window shuts.

People need to go outside for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back