Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's thread sponsor
unbranded-kalms-tablets-size-200.webp

oh, and we've also reduced our weekly wage bill by more than 150k a week seen as Hibbo, Osman, Howard & Pienaar are no longer with us.

There is no FFP reason why we're not spending.

it doesn't work like that D...

As has been explained many times, it's about revenue in comparison to the wage bill/expenditure rising.

Lowering the wage bill hasn't increased the revenue...

I'm actually siding with @dholliday here.

FFP is not stopping us from spending, we can't get the deals over the line.

STTC will be resolved by player sales, and the wages from the players that have left could have gone on signings.

It's crazy if people think we are waiting on Stones to be sold before we buy, we can't get deals over the line seems to be the reason to me.

This thread is really getting to me.

The evidence: just been driving through Walton and saw a lookalike of Jan Mucha in a black 03 plate Fiesta and had a double take at him thinking we could potentially get him back in.

STTC will be resolved by player sales, and the wages from the players that have left could have gone on signings.

It's crazy if people think we are waiting on Stones to be sold before we buy, we can't get deals over the line seems to be the reason to me.

But at least that seems to be down to going for high-profile targets. If we had Europe to offer they'd probably have signed already. Without it it's a harder sell, even with the promise of big money

I'm of two minds. I don't think the Stones deal is 'done' and there is a worry that if we bring in a load of players, then we get backed into a corner on his sale or face punitive consequences.

That said, I don't think that explains our complete lack of business. I think Witsel is jerking us around, or we'd have signed him already. I think Mata is dependent on Pogba, and Mourinho's whim.

Carvalho I'm not sure on though. Other than that, I don't know if we've been seriously linked with anyone (except Gueye, who I do think we'll sign in the next few days).

But at least that seems to be down to going for high-profile targets. If we had Europe to offer they'd probably have signed already. Without it it's a harder sell, even with the promise of big money

Thinks that's it, we are the backup plan for these players. If they don't get a better offer they will reluctantly join us.

Just think we cant get the higher calibre of player atm, maybe need to lower our targets standards just a bit.

Thinks that's it, we are the backup plan for these players. If they don't get a better offer they will reluctantly join us.

However 'reluctantly' you can accept a 100k+ per-week deal in the PL, then yeh.

Fans need to understand this though. It won't be that we aren't trying, but the players we're going for (on the whole) seem to be a class above.

It appears we've moved on Gueye pretty quickly, and it's no surprise that we haven't had any issues in getting that deal sorted a lot quicker (allegedly, of course).

Just think we cant get the higher calibre of player atm, maybe need to lower our targets standards just a bit.

what, and end up with just more players who add nothing to the squad mate?

If we're going to improve, we need quality to do that, not just numbers. I'd rather us get that quality and it take a few weeks than give up and go and get more Niasse's, Kone's and McGeady's mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back