Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop with this 2 weeks and counting bollocks

The transfer window doesn't close til the end of august

We're not signing players for the Spurs game, were signing them for the whole season and the seasons to follow, he's not after a quick fix for one game, against a team we didn't lose to last season despite having the same players we have now and a far inferior manager

The caliber of players we appear to be after are gonna take time to sign, as we finished 11th last season

If we haven't signed players after

Man, I'm glad somebody else gets it.

since Moshiri joined there has been pretty much a carpet ban on papers knowing the ongoings at the club mate.

Look at what's happened since...

RM sacked - reports only surfaced the morning after the Sunderland game. He was sacked later that day.

Koeman - not one local paper had any clue what was going on. Total media block-out. Only when we were ready was it leaked - even though we (fans) all knew it was done weeks in advance.

Walsh - nothing until two-three days before, and the journo who broke the story got it from Leicester, not us.

the RM was not that big of a shock. He was going at the end of the season anyway. I think it was more of the away fans that actually went to sunderland that forced the matter.

RK dutch media were reporting it days before he signed.

it still took walsh about a week to sign before it was in the press.

hasselblad.jpg

Agree with FTY.

Let's say hypothetically we could sign Sigudson Gueye and Williams right now today. Would anyone choose that over Mata, Witsel and Kouletc. On deadline day even if it means we're a bit light on the first few games?
Two of them would go straight into the starting XI. Gueye is no better or worse than McCarthy for me, and if that's the case I'd rather see a British lad who has been here a few years in there.

I'd take those three though, in the hope that at least two 'bigger' names are added too by the end of the month. Obviously if we go on to sell Stones I'd expect much more from the window.

So by your reckoning t

So by your reckoning the players we have been linked to so far we will sign 10-12 players!lol

If you can find a post where I have said such a thing. then please be my guest and vault me.

I was merely pointing out the fact that not since under moyes have we signed someone out of the blue. For 3 years this hasn't happened. Yet some blues insist that all of our signings will be random players we havent been linked with previously.

maybe there will be some shock buys this window but it will be the exception not the rule.

Man, I'm glad somebody else gets it.

....the concern is that we have a squad that struggled last season and is showing no signs of improving this time around. if Stones leaves and Jagielka is injured we have one fit CB for the opening games. We continue to have one capable striker.

It's fine to say we are buying for the rest of the season and the future but what if we fail to bring in the players at the top of our list with the clock running down? The closer it gets to the window shutting the more high risk the gamble to wait is. Let's not forget we are playing games through this period and the likelihood is we are struggling at the wrong end of the table.

We were in free fall last season and that situation needs to be addressed otherwise it could be an almighty long season.

....the concern is that we have a squad that struggled last season and is showing no signs of improving this time around. if Stones leaves and Jagielka is injured we have one fit CB for the opening games. We continue to have one capable striker.

It's fine to say we are buying for the rest of the season and the future but what if we fail to bring in the players at the top of our list with the clock running down? The closer it gets to the window shutting the more high risk the gamble to wait is. Let's not forget we are playing games through this period and the likelihood is we are struggling at the wrong end of the table.

We were in free fall last season and that situation needs to be addressed otherwise it could be an almighty long season.
Not that I've looked very hard, but I've not seen our second tier targets linked with anybody else, so I'm assuming we're not worried about them being snapped up while we wait, with that in mind I think it's worth holding out on the first choice lads as even if we lose and draw out opening games it's better for the club in the long term!

If you can find a post where I have said such a thing. then please be my guest and vault me.

I was merely pointing out the fact that not since under moyes have we signed someone out of the blue. For 3 years this hasn't happened. Yet some blues insist that all of our signings will be random players we havent been linked with previously.

maybe there will be some shock buys this window but it will be the exception not the rule.
You stated under RM we signed most players we were linked too, in my experience we seldom get who we are after in early doors players will be signed no worries, probably ones we have never thought of under Koeman - it's just a case on who we can keep among our two star players?

Two of them would go straight into the starting XI. Gueye is no better or worse than McCarthy for me, and if that's the case I'd rather see a British lad who has been here a few years in there.

I'd take those three though, in the hope that at least two 'bigger' names are added too by the end of the month. Obviously if we go on to sell Stones I'd expect much more from the window.
With all due respect mate, how do you know if Gueye is better than McCarthy or not. I am not having it that one Blue on here has ever took any interest in him before now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back