Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Untitled-2_zpsacc2imk3.jpg

I think we all need to chill out and reserve judgement until the end of the transfer window.

I like everyone else got swept away with the optimism early on, new owner, new manager, loads of money to spend. Unfortunately, we aren't the only club in the league with money. With the daft TV money it is out of control, Bournemouth spending £15 million, relegated Aston Villa spending £12 million.

So having money, is no longer the be all and end all. You need to be wise in spending it. We have seen clubs spend insane amounts of money on average players following a takeover, or in Liverpool's case every summer. I am glad that we aren't following their example. The hiring of Walsh speaks volumes.

It is going to be very difficult to attract big names to Everton after two seasons of mediocrity and over 20 years without a trophy. In Koulibaly and Witsel the club have set their sights on two players wanted by Chelsea and Juventus. I actually (maybe naively) believe it when its reported that we have bid more than both of them clubs. But understandably, when you look over recent history, we are not the most attractive option.

Come the end of the transfer window I am sure we will have a mixture of astute/potential buys (like Gueye) and some more established "big names".

The biggest question is what happens with Lukaku and Stones. I am resigned to losing Stones but the noises over the past few days concerning Lukaku are concerning. We simply couldn't replace his goals, they would have to be shared out through the team.

If we sell Lukaku there are both positives and negatives. As soon as he goes away for international duty the speculation will start again as he starts shouting his mouth off to the press talking about his desire of moving to a big club. I don't know whether that has a negative impact in the dressing room or not. But last season it seemed the team spirit wasn't there and in my view, Lukaku was a big part of that.

However, we aren't going to replace him with anyone better, otherwise Chelsea would be offering them silly money. If it wasn't for his goals we would have been in a relegation fight last season, so selling him would be a risk.

Ultimately, Lukaku's future is a question for Koeman and Walsh. They get paid big money to balance the above conundrum and they have all the information at their disposal to make the right decision. I am very confident they will make the right decision and that next season is going to be a good one. COYB

Makes me wanna cry that Bournemouth and Villa have spent more money than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back