Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
interested to know if we're genuinely after a big money striker, or it's just paper talk because they all presume we'l sell lukaku. Hope to hell we are because rom has no backup, the drop from him to kone? (i don't even know who are second choice will be for the season) is massive.

mirallas and deulofeu are square pegs, they're both talented wingers, not strikers. We all know if we didn't get a good striker in then we'd have a great window with huge optimism, only for lukaku to get a lengthy injury as we pick up momentum.

interested to know if we're genuinely after a big money striker, or it's just paper talk because they all presume we'l sell lukaku. Hope to hell we are because rom has no backup, the drop from him to kone? (i don't even know who are second choice will be for the season) is massive.

mirallas and deulofeu are square pegs, they're both talented wingers, not strikers. We all know if we didn't get a good striker in then we'd have a great window with huge optimism, only for lukaku to get a lengthy injury as we pick up momentum.

It's all 100% true mate as it's in the papers

For me the likes of Barbosa are the type of signings we should be looking for, players who are ready to step up a league, players who will become top talents, right now the proof is in stones and romelu. We couldn't afford £40m players so we went for the next big thing. Given we have finished bottom half for two seasons now, we cannot compete with the top teams YET. My strategy and hopefully the boards would be:

Year one: See what we already have. Bring in solid signings around the squad - Gueye and Stekelenberg for the squad.
Year two: Top talents should be brought in, Gabriel Barbosa, Mattia Perin, players with promise like Varane (highly unlikely) should replace those not good enough after year one.
Year three: Players like Witsel, Carvalho and koulibaly, players with potential but also proven at the same time.
Year four: Champions league and a cup shall be the minimum.
Year five: Take over the world with our Iranian overlord, with our Russian hitman at his side.

You get the idea...

Worst case scenario is what we have now, proven players mixed with talent, if a player wants to leave then we get top dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back