Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pogba having a not so secret medical apparently.

Will it all start falling into place. . .

. . .

. . .

Imminently

Stones also brings a lot to the side... the amount of times he got Coleman out of trouble yesterday...

He makes far less mistakes than Mori as well. Mori can't help himself diving in, for example. Stones - Jags should be the first choice (with the players we currently have available) - you play your best players... Stones is better than Mori.
Stones made the most errors out of the Cbs for us last year, can't win a header to save his life also. Lil meff needs to jog on

Any of Carvalho, Witsel, Koulibaly etc that we REALLY wanted to buy we could have had here by now if we had paid a figure in wages for them that would far far exceed anything they could expect any other club with interest to offer them, the fact is we havent done that, we have instead trieds to get them for a minor amount more in wgaes than they cpould earn if they held out for another increased profile team and thats basically us trtying to make a statement without taking any form of control in the situation and with us fully aware that we may end up missing out on any or all the targets by that strategy.

We mayb be offering the likes of Koulibaly a sluightly better deal than Chelsea, same for Witsel with Napoli or Juve etc, and we may have offered Carvalho a lot mpore than he is currently on.

But to make a statement you will need to pay for doing so, we aren't willing to do that.

making a statement would be looking at what the likes of Chelsea or Juve pay for similar players and going 25-30% more on a contract to these lads.

Definitely get your point mate and think you are right in that if we did just massively overpay they probably would come now.

I think we are definitely "richer" but I don't think we are rich enough to do that. It is also definitely not a sustainable business model unless you have the revenue streams United have or a bottomless pit of money that City has. We don't have either of those but if we are able to compete with Chelsea, Juventus etc money wise as you say, it definitely seems like we have a bit more behind us now.

The other method available to Moshiri rather than just wildly overpaying for players is the longer term game of getting the right structure in place, and then appeal to players that way (obviously paying big wages as well but not wages far exceeding a players worth), hence what he has done in getting Koeman and Walsh on board. It is going to be a slower process this way in that I imagine we will probably pick up a couple of pieces each transfer window that we patiently waited for and then a couple more the next etc until it becomes easier and easier and our results on the pitch and structure in place make us an attractive option rather than just money.

It's an interesting trade-off and I can see why people are desperately wanting big signings now and think we should just go and pay whatever to get them. I just think Moshiri has decided he is in it for the long term and he wants to get a certain structure in place which will take a bit of patience to achieve. He has probably also looked at the recent history of teams paying way over the top for players without the revenue streams or bottomless pits of money and how it has worked out for them in considering his strategy.

Anyway, time will tell if he's right but I think we can at least give him a full transfer window before judging how the initial stages of his project is working out so far.

Stones also brings a lot to the side... the amount of times he got Coleman out of trouble yesterday...

He makes far less mistakes than Mori as well. Mori can't help himself diving in, for example. Stones - Jags should be the first choice (with the players we currently have available) - you play your best players... Stones is better than Mori.

Yeah but Holgate got Stones out of trouble on Wednesday, Stones is worth a lot more money then Mori and the chances are he will start ahead of him but if he goes with Mori and Jags I would have just as much confidence as I would a Jags Stones partnership.

Can we change the thread title to this:

veruca_salt-jpg.27248

I've never been so ashamed to call myself an Evertonian, and I saw Kevin Campbell play in midfield.

Were in the transfer window thread....

Im talking about signings....

Stek/ Robles
Gana / McCarthy

It is the trasfer window thread, but you were also having a go at Koemans negative football and making general comparisons to Martinez.

If the transfer window does end with little to give us any hope, is that exclusively Koemans fault? Moshiri is the money man, so questions must be asked of him. Walsh has been appointed to identify, negotiate and bring in the signings.

I don't understand why you're so intent on giving the manager a bashing already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back