Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talksport and Durham in particular discussing whether Everton are aiming high enough with their signings. Ironic really as for years Everton where punching above their weight, but now we're not aiming high enough!!!

Bolasie was a good signing but need more, keeper, a centre half, a central midfielder, a striker and a back up right back.

But we want it NOW! *stamps foot and pouts*

#TeamPampers

tumblr_ngn877sbl21tdjuqvo1_400.gif

We've got three in in one hour before, and that's when we were inept.

We'll be fine.
Absolutely.
When we weren't signing there was media frenzy linking us with every Carlos Kickball in Christendom to create unrest. And it worked.
But now, much to the media's chagrin, Everton have made signings with the rich promise of many more.
The pluses from this is that the red obsessed and driven media now know we are a major player. And they hate it. Now they cannot pick names from any source they wish, and will actually have to do some credible journalism. Some hope.
Now that we aren't a laughing stock, which is what their piss-poor reporting has been foundered upon for years, they need to find something more factual. This is where the problem lies for them.
When things become serious and are in a delicate stage of negotiation, ALL loopholes are closed up and ALL usually reliable sources within the club are issued with a 'D' Notice.
No loopholes, no handy snippets of information equals the need for inside sources. And they don't have any.

In the absence of fact, it is human nature to believe in conjecture.

The difference in this instance is, absence of fact means there are still more announcements to be made by Everton.
Keep The Faith, good things are on the horizon. And are imminent.

Signed someone on Monday, where our Chairman announced that he's doing everything to ensure more players in before the end of the window.

By Wednesday, "abit quiet tbf".

You people drive me insane.

#ANICHEBHOME

I liked your first bit, then saw the second. And because I can't "dislike" the second, I have removed my first like. Carry on.

Think they were from the start to be honest like..

Nah, he was a legitimate squad player at a massive club like Everton in his younger days. Martinez reportedly offered him a new contract before selling him. In hindsight, I bet you he wishes that he stayed at Everton, as his stock would be higher than it is now even if he hardly played, but he wanted to try and prove himself at West Brom which is fair enough. It was a bad move though.

His best football is behind him now, I'd be shocked if a Premier League club took him on. I imagine he will sign for a club on deadline day, with a desperate club offering a desperate player a desperate deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back