Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry mate, but please explain - what club revenue? And - genuine question - why do you choose to absolutely believe that? I agree that the stake money doesn't directly benefit the club but I was just responding to your very specific point that you only count investment to the extent that is not funded by club revenue - well his £85m entry ticket wasn't, and from his perspective it is an investment and from ours a statement of intent.

I don't understand your glib comment about make believe stuff from Internet boards - I read the club's Annual Report, which is where I get my views on these financial issues from. You also don't substantiate why 'it didn't make sense' to repay the debt, or where the revenue came from that you 'believe' paid for the costs this Summer - I am anxious to be enlightened...

Jesus mate, do I have to?

What revenue? Club revenue mate, y'know constituting massive TV payments, and the little bit of cash we just received from Manchester City?

You've made claims about 20 million pound land purchases and the writing off of debt, and you are now claiming to have got this information from annual reports, but in reality you are referring to unsubstantiated claims made on an internet message board.

It didn't make sense to pay off the debt with our new found revenues because we play in a competition called the Premier League, and we would have been at a disadvantage if we had used the money to pay off debt rather than strengthening our squad.

Although perhaps it's all press (but then then why does the manager, his brother and co say very busy week on transfer market to come then nothing for a few weeks now) I feel like nothing has changed when it comes to transfers. Is Bill involved? This all reeks of Bill to me. Supposedly new Everton but even the signings we did made were labored compared to lesser clubs. I know there is still a week to go and things will happen but what we have been through? That's very similar to last 10 seasons.

Oh well, season ticket sales are up..

Isn't Gana, Bolasie, Williams, Stek good business? If you get 1 - 2 more as he promises, isn't 6 close season signings a good thing? I know we wanted them in July, but the people we are targeting are established, some of them important players for their club (Gana, Bolasie, Wiliams) and so it's not easy to get them out .I'm ok with the signings so far. also changed my opinion on Cleverley and Oviedo, can be decent squad back ups, but still want Gibson and Kone replaced

It's mad how many players straight up don't want to join us, i never expected us to be that glamorous to players but players like Ghezzal you'd at least think you'd have a chance of signing !

Anyway i thought we were signing Draxler, Isco or Rodriguez according to Gabbidon. He wouldn't lie to us surely.

Don't actually think he's ever actually said we're signing anyone mate.

Not once. Nor named a name.

Think he just said he was aware of who we were 'in for'.

Then got millions of blues given him a loada bad shiz.

That'll learn to offer up any genuine & honest snippets eh...

What revenue? Club revenue mate, y'know constituting massive TV payments, and the little bit of cash we just received from Manchester City?

You've made claims about 20 million pound land purchases and the writing off of debt, and you are now claiming to have got this information from annual reports, but in reality you are referring to unsubstantiated claims made on an internet message board.

It didn't make sense to pay off the debt with our new found revenues because we play in a competition called the Premier League, and we would have been at a disadvantage if we had used the money to pay off debt rather than strengthening our squad.

Paying off debt was/is "costing us" around 5-6m a year in interest.

So, for starters, you're conveniently ignoring the £85m that Moshiri INVESTED in efc to buy his stake?

And cast your mind back 12 months ago, when we had just lashed out £28m to buy Lukaku, with the Sky windfall, but we still only partially repaid debt - ie. we couldn't afford to do that still. So irrespective of what you believe about paying down the rest of that debt, have you considered who it is that has paid Southampton the £5m release fee for Koeman and Leicester the £3m for Walsh, and who sanctioned the sacking of Martinez with £10m still due to him under his contract, and who has negotiated the £20m purchase price for the new ground site...? Mate I don't know with any certainty the accurate answers to those questions, but a reasonable assumption to make based on the evidence is that it has been bankrolled by Moshiri, as Everton Football Club doesn't appear to have the wherewithal to do that.

As I said in a previous post - take the misery blinkers off and allow yourself to actually believe that this guy has good intentions for this club and is showing them day by day.

good intentions for us, yes, and also he wants to make money! he has to get us successful so that he can get his return on investment, so we have to trust him I agree

It didn't make sense to pay off the debt with our new found revenues because we play in a competition called the Premier League, and we would have been at a disadvantage if we had used money to pay off debt rather than strengthening our squad.

Mate, you make the claims - I'm just asking you where they come from. Thought this was a discussion forum...

Your views could be right mate, but just like those 'unsubstantiated claims on message boards', you can't back them up. We have a difference of opinion. Let me leave this with one thought - do you believe that Moshiri, given his professional career / background to date, decided to make such a public entry into one of the most visible sporting markets in the world with the sole intention of stiffing us by stripping the asset base and in the process shattering his personal business reputation? Time will tell I guess, but for some reason it seems to be your opening assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back