Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, wording it better. we could pay for their wages whilst they sit in the reserves but from a common sense perspective and a business perspective we may not want to do that whilst offering bigger contracts elsewhere.

Plus we need interest from other clubs before we can get rid of these players. I would imagine Niasse will be loaned out tomorrow as expected, the McCarthy story may have legs, Mcgeady will go if he drops his wage demands for first team football and I think gibson will probably stay either way as a back up player
They're going to sit in the reserves whether we like it or not if they don't get sold.

Their contracts only relate to other players in respect to overall budget. If their contracts are preventing us from bringing players in then we have a very limited overall budget.

Gibson was given a new deal. There was no intention of selling him this window. Unless you are Yarmolenko what footballer signs a deal and then agrees to leave to go to a club he doesn't really want to go to just to make his current club a bit of coin.

This conspiracy theory seems a little far fetched. Credible reports said we were on the cusp of signing Perez. We're now after Gabbiadini. Bony is the backup plan.
If Perez is true it means we have at least around 20m available. Can't see any big signing, other than a striker, unless we sell McCarthy though.
Perez and Gabbiadini may have been sought as backup to Ross not Rom.

I've heard we might sign some players and they'll probably be from among the names we've been linked with.
Also heard we're trying to get rid of some deadwood and the approaching deadline will crystallise interest.

#ITK

Mata/Witsel/Kone and a top goalkeeper in.

giphy.gif

Pretty much so far...even down to the 'leaked' stadium story at the end of the window.

It's classic Everton.

I do however think that is true because I think that's the reason both the Americans and Moshiri bought us.

They realized there was a lot of "support" available to build a stadium using player sales to keep us competitive. Grow the valuation of the club and then sell it. Frankly if that's the case I have no problem with that as long as they deliver a lovely new stadium on the docks.

We could have done without all the hype.

why would moshiri have left arsenal if all he was arsed about was making a quick buck? He was making money at arsenal. Why wouldn't just stay there?

can't you two get a room to talk your paranoid conspiracy theory's at each other and stop boring the life out of everyone in this thread.

At this point I couldn't care less about incomings really. We have a decent team. Few worries if certain players get injured but OK.

I'm more concerned that Niasse, McGeads, and a few others are still lingering wasting time and money.

We may need to pay part of their wages so that they can move on.

Honesty is required then. And a change in the message that all around the Moshiri regime (inside and outside the club) are pushing through the press and on forums.
If I'm right then the problem is they should have been honest from the start. Now they should just stick to their story until the end of the season and make sure they do a good job with the stadium. If there's any delay or holdups etc the natives might start getting restless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back