Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I think we will struggle to get one decent player over the line and the only teams I can see loaning to us are City and Utd.
My suspicion is that there's something left to be squeezed out of the Stones deal yet. No player at that level will want to be seen as the makeweight in a swap + cash deal. I could easily envisage a player like Bony wanting to hold back from that perception but agree to join Everton on loan at the end of this window. Face saving exercise.

Well, we're assured that the Stones deal makes sure wages wont be the issue.

In terms of squad room: I make it 6 gone or gone out on loan and 4 have come in. So we have space without selling anymore squad players.

I've made my mind up already on this transfer window: it's exactly the same model being applied pre-Moshiri.
Welcome to the new boss. Same as the old boss.

Don't make it sound like a sex offence.
Sorry mait.

177241130_adam_894386c.jpg

My suspicion is that there's something left to be squeezed out of the Stones deal yet. No player at that level will want to be seen as the makeweight in a swap + cash deal. I could easily envisage a player like Bony wanting to hold back from that perception but agree to join Everton on loan at the end of this window. Face saving exercise.
I have had that same thought as well plus it may have been done like this so Barnsley got less - maybe that 2 or 3 million we were short was the cost of the loan. It also explains why we haven't yet brought in a striker even though Koeman clearly didn't rate Kone in pre-season. It also explains why Bony hasn't left and you would imagine he would have plenty of options.

Which if true shows we are just as tight as ever.

You don't half talk some utter *****

That's still wages being an issue.

Besides we could have loaned Niasse. We just weren't happy with the sell on and the end of the season which shocks me. As if anyone is going to buy him after having him for a whole season.
Ok, wording it better. we could pay for their wages whilst they sit in the reserves but from a common sense perspective and a business perspective we may not want to do that whilst offering bigger contracts elsewhere.

Plus we need interest from other clubs before we can get rid of these players. I would imagine Niasse will be loaned out tomorrow as expected, the McCarthy story may have legs, Mcgeady will go if he drops his wage demands for first team football and I think gibson will probably stay either way as a back up player

I have had that same thought as well plus it may have been done like this so Barnsley got less - maybe that 2 or 3 million we were short was the cost of the loan. It also explains why we haven't yet brought in a striker even though Koeman clearly didn't rate Kone in pre-season.

Which if true shows we are just as tight as ever.
Yeah, makes sense like.

One to watch for in the next day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back