Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to hope that is down to squad numbers rather than necessity to lower the costs.

funny that our major struggle could end up being nobody wants to sign our players rather than failure to convince enough new players to come here. But taking into account Niasse/Mcgeady/kone/lennon are all expendable right now and we wouldn't bat an eye lid that they have gone. Especially Lennon, don't know about anyone else but he hasn't crossed my mind so far this season bar when he scored in the league cup
Why would that stop us bringing players in? Wage bill?

Worrying whether they were going to get rid of Toure, Hart etc didn't stop City because City actually have money.

Why would that stop us bringing players in? Wage bill?

Worrying whether they were going to get rid of Toure, Hart etc didn't stop City because City actually have money.
Numbers i would imagine. You don't want a squad of more than 25, especially if some of them are getting paid like 50 grand a week and just not part of the plans. So common sense would be move them on first or at the same time and replace them in the squad. Wages aren't really an issue for us it seems but do we really want to be paying 100 grand a week for a new player if we have their former getting paid half that and training with the reserves?

After losing out on Perez we're now targeting Gabbiadini. Have Bony lined up as backup. If it happens, it'll be the last day.

Sissoko is also a possibility but only if McCarthy is sold to part finance. Seems unlikely now. Can't see anything else happening.

I would like to hope that is down to squad numbers rather than necessity to lower the costs.

funny that our major struggle could end up being nobody wants to sign our players rather than failure to convince enough new players to come here. But taking into account Niasse/Mcgeady/kone/lennon are all expendable right now and we wouldn't bat an eye lid that they have gone. Especially Lennon, don't know about anyone else but he hasn't crossed my mind so far this season bar when he scored in the league cup
Well, we're assured that the Stones deal makes sure wages wont be the issue.

In terms of squad room: I make it 6 gone or gone out on loan and 4 have come in. So we have space without selling any more squad players.

I've made my mind up already on this transfer window: it's exactly the same model being applied pre-Moshiri.

Last edited:
Heard we had two new signings stay in the Adelphi last night. Medicals booked in for this morning, announced around 4-5pm.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Well.right away that's obviously BS. No one in their right mind would stay in the Adelphi, it's an absolute [Poor language removed] hole and not a very good way to be treating a new player.

Numbers i would imagine. You don't want a squad of more than 25, especially if some of them are getting paid like 50 grand a week and just not part of the plans. So common sense would be move them on first or at the same time and replace them in the squad. Wages aren't really an issue for us it seems but do we really want to be paying 100 grand a week for a new player if we have their former getting paid half that and training with the reserves?
That's still wages being an issue.

Besides we could have loaned Niasse. We just weren't happy with the sell on and the end of the season which shocks me. As if anyone is going to buy him after having him for a whole season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back